32SIG Stand - Telford '12

Iain

Thanks to Iain for displaying our pix from last years Telford show, a very memorable occasion as always! If you do want to join us for the day or over the weekend I'm just an e-mail away and I'll be happy to accommodate any special requests that you have.

We're all very 'passionate' about our scale and you'll find that the time runs away far too quickly once we get fully engaged in 'talking models' to members of the public.

We normally run 'shifts' throughout the day so everyone gets a chance to get out into the wide blue yonder to see what the show offers, and there is plenty out there to find!

Despite me looking a bit too serious on one photo,(probably talking about a model kit) we don't bite and we're always happy to say hello and have a good laugh with everyone.

Another little 'service' we provide is storing and keeping an eye on people's purchases at the stand.

We all know what it's like hauling that lot around for hours on end don't we!!

Normally we have 'nibbles' in stock and water also is available.

Finally, digital photography tends to show up every little detail on us Nigel, I still think I look like Brad Pitt in my imagination though!!

Hope your all still having fun with those new models, now back to my AD4 Skyraider build.

Reminder: ..........Telford's only fourteen weeks away and relentlessly counting down!!!!

They are from a bases supplier here in UK - he acquired a number of very large 'cake domes' and turned up some matching MDF bases - I bought 7 from him - weren't cheap - but excellent covers for 1:32 fighters at shows.

All gooone now I'm afraid.

Arranging them along the front creates a nice display - and keeps prying fingers at bay! ;)

I'll try and get a better photo of one if anyone's interested?

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

I have never been to show that big! I would know what to do with myself :frantic: That Connie is HUGE!

That's just one of three huge exhibition halls + the separate competition area.

If you've never been - it's well worth a visit - and we do get large numbers of overseas visitors.

Competition-wise - with the multi-national spread of entrants - I'd say it's the closest thing there is to a 'World Championships' of modelling...

Others' mileage will, of course, vary - and I *will* get to the US Nationals at some point.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Yes I am interested , I imagine they are blown or vac formed , no too tough to make , I found a supplier here in B.C. who made me a 24" diameter security camera lense , but I never thought of this application. I recently displayed a dio of mine at a local fly-in , I watched as a little kid tried to pull off one of the figures, the parent told the kid not to touch , after the fact .

These are an excellent idea to alleviate the major concern of modellers who display their work.

Thanks

OK - will try get something up in next day, or so...

They really are neat - I could do with a lot more of them!

Reckon the domes are heat formed (blown or vacced) in some type of Polycarbonate. Perfect hemispheres - they are very clear and with no distortion. Cut edges trued off neatly...

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

If anyone can offer me a real cheep ride and a real cheep shelter (preferingly flea-free), I'll join ya in fall... :lol:

...otherwise, I'll wait a year or two 'til I can afford the journey! Telford is definitely on the list of places I want to visit during my remaining lifetime :)