WnW AMC DH-2 7907 ---- 32 Sqn Sept 1916 ---- DONE!

Out2gtcha

Hopefully, if things go well this is the effect Ill be going for, except combat worn and wearing in the mud and hell over WWI battle fields -

airco-1.jpg

That’s all for now kiddies,

Thanks for stopping in on me and cheers

Edited by Out2gtcha

Thanks for the continued support and kind words fellas!

Well, I couldnt wait till the weekend, cause I really wanted to see what kind of result i could get out of the fabric shading technique.

I got all the flying surfaces cleaned up, and smoothed out (I forgot how fast acrylics dry and attract dust and what not). I then took and over-sprayed everything with a thin coat of CDL.

I was going for the subtle appearance of shadows around the ribs here. Normally this is NOT my strong suit, with emphasis on the subtle part. Im normally just not very good at this type of thing.

In this instance however, I think I managed to out-do myself, If I do say so myself. I applied the thin over-spray to great effect, and I stopped at just the right time to my eye. The camera however does not quite pick up on the effect quite as well as the human eye does, but Im VERY happy with the overall effect, as it really does fool the naked eye into thinking the wing is a bit translucent -

I also tried to take pics of the effect in different lighting, but no avail, it still looks way more prevalent in real life VS pics, but I think you can still pick up on the general idea -

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

More later this week.................

Cheers,

Looking good Brian!

I think that you're definately on to something! It comes across very subtle in the pics, kind of like trying to photograph NM finish's indoors, not easy, at least not for me. If you used oils to add the random very subtle lighter "streak" on the fabric parts between the ribs, I'd bet it could enhance the effect even further, just a thought? I like it the way it is now thought very much.

Looking foward to more progress,

Paul

Brian,

I just stumbled across this excellent thread today my friend. Outstanding project to date and one I'm certianly looking forward to following along with. I'm looking forward to seeing how your fabric shading on the fuselage comes out .

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette