Revell 1/32 HE-111 P-1

sitzkrieg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nigelr32

Good job!!

Love the Gun. Are you going to show us those HGW belts you're working on??

Edited by Nigelr32

The HGW Belts are really nice, If it were mine, I would use a water based clear, then mix up some oil paint and paint thinner and make a dark brownish gray wash, make it really thin though, that way you can build up the effect.

Keep up the great work,

All the best to you and your build,

Paul

The problem with these belts, in general, is that they lack depth and character, like a mediocre novel :-)

A bit of shadow, a bit of highlight. They will be hidden behind glass, so make them stand out a bit. Instead of wash i feel some pastels will be more controllable

Guest Nigelr32

In the instruction manual, they tell you to crease the material up into a ball before making them?

perhaps this would give them some "character"???????????

In the instruction manual, they tell you to crease the material up into a ball before making them?

perhaps this would give them some "character"???????????

My example didn't really hold creases that well, and it made the belts harder to thread through the buckles when it did. In the end I opted for the path of least resistance!! After some pastels or a wash I think they'll look okay under glass. The resin seats that came with them are a nice improvement over the revell ones (even if more fragile, but no surprise there).

I'm still just completely blown away at the fact that HGW can produce functional belts in this scale!!! It's a very cool time for our hobby indeed, and a fun little mini-project.