Silver Wings

Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014/2015

Guest Peterpools

I'm sort of lost in the shuffle. Is the issue Silver Wings hasn't the finances to produce new kits and needs paid pre-orders in one form or another? Or is that too many projects are planned and only a few can be financed and produced per year.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

I am just a bit confused as to where the discussion was going and wasn't sure if the issue was the cost of producing new kits or the ability to fund a number of kits at one time.

Peter

The kickstarter discussion was about funding our first injected plastic model kit. That's all. There are no other doubts :)

We've invested our time and money in a professional CAD project (OS2U Kingfisher), have had the production costs calculated and now we're considering various ways of investing.

Guest Peterpools

Thank you for the clarification as I completely misunderstood, Now it all makes sense.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thank you Simon, much appreciated

Peter

The kickstarter discussion was about funding our first injected plastic model kit. That's all. There are no other doubts :)

We've invested our time and money in a professional CAD project (OS2U Kingfisher), have had the production costs calculated and now we're considering various ways of investing.

I am very interested in a Kingfisher kit. Yellow wings, floats and Neutrality Patrol markings make that one high on the list of beautiful and colorful planes. Those that like them more subdued in marking would also appreciate this kit. I could wish for something too big and want a 1/32 Gato/Balao submarine (the Tang) to rescue all those naval aviators, but that's probably best left to 1/72 scale.

Tnarg

Edited by Tnarg

Guest Peterpools

Same here .. would jump on a Kingfisher :rolleyes:

Peter

I am very interested in a Kingfisher kit. Yellow wings, floats and Neutrality Patrol markings make that one high on the list of beautiful and colorful planes. Those that like them more subdued in marking would also appreciate this kit. I could wish for something too big and want a 1/32 Gato/Balao submarine (the Tang) to rescue all those naval aviators, but that's probably best left to 1/72 scale.

Tnarg

1/32 Gato/Balao class sub? Holy balls that would be gigantic! While we are at it, how about a 1/32 IXc U-Boat to go along with it and Revell's Ar196? The sad thing is I would probably buy the IXc....can anyone say second and third mortgage? We could get some trumpeter us navy aircraft and do a diorama of the capture of the U505. Nobody uses the pool anymore anyways....

Edited by AVGBob

Bob, I'm collecting everything can to build a captured U-boat dio, but in 1/72 since we already have the U-boats in that scale. I'm pretty sure I have seen large scale U-boat model someplace on the net. I think it could rebuild into static or RC.

That 1/72 dio is a cool idea. I want to do an IXc with cutaways and full interior. Some day maybe... I  would get a Kingfisher. The 1/48 HiTech(with PE) Monogram kit was one of my first models airplanes after I switched from building cars back in the day.