Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014/2015

Silver Wings

Guest Peterpools

Simon

Fantastic news ... What an Easter Present. I'll be waiting and watching for upcoming news and progress on the P6E.

Thanks so much :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Great news on the Demon Simon, I am looking forward to that for sure so I can convert it into an RNZAF Hind.

Nice to hear about the co-operation with Glen, that sort of communication goes a long way in my books, well done Glen and cant wait for your upcoming announcement!

Looking forward to seeing some test shots/progress on the Demon soon too, is it possible we will get different types of exhausts in the kit, like the 'ramshorn/kidney shape' type?

Cheers & thanks

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Simon;

Just a quick question. Which kit is likely to be released next, and what subject might that be? Also, is there a rough time schedule for release? I only ask this so I can make sure I budget and have my money ready! :)

Regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

brvbarnv_zpsc3117232.jpg

it can now be told, Silver Wings and Kitty Hawk were both working on a couple of the same planes at the same time.

this time it was the P-6E & AT-6. in working together we worked out a good deal for all i think.

our hope is more people take our lead in this type deal and work together. :goodjob:

thanx Glen :piliot:

Great news guys, so good to see companies working together!

I have done my research and need 4 at least of the new T-6......that will be money in the bank producing this kit!

As would a new tool Tiger Moth.......

• 8 months later...

The Silver Wings team is dedicated to producing high-quality model kitsets of aircraft that our customers want to build.  To that end, we are continuing to work through your "wish list" in 2014.  As such, we are pleased to announce our 2014 release plan:

1/32 Boeing Stearman PT-13D/N2S-2

1/32 Fokker D.XXI

1/32 Curtiss P6E Hawk

1/32 Yak 9

1/32 Reggiane 2000 Falco

As a Polish company, we really would love to release a PZL P.11.  We are continuing our efforts to create a suitable model of this iconic Polish fighter in 1/32 scale and we hope that we will be able to add this to our 2014 release schedule.

To further "whet your appetite", we are pleased to announce our future release list as well.  These are the remaining items from the "wish list" our friends and customers have told us you would like to see.  They are (in no particular order):

1:32 Lavochkin La-5

1:48 Northrop A17A

1:32 Heinkel He-112

1:32 Gloster Gauntlet

1:32 Aichi D3A Val

1:32 Nakajima B5N Kate

1:32 Curtiss Falcon

Additionally, please note that starting with the Stearman we have changed our decals producer in an effort to provide even better quality for our customers.

Some really nice stuff there. Stephen will be very happy with the Kate, as will I. I see a place in my future for eight of those kits.

I see no mention of the Kingfisher, but a rumour said this may be injection moulded? That sure would be nice, and hopefully some of those others might also be released in plastic, or at least the major parts.. But if not, resin will suffice.

Greg

Im not sure, but was the OS2U part of any of the cooperation/trading between SWs and KH?

Maybe Simon or Glen could enighten us on that one, as I too REALLY love all the outstanding kits coming from these two manufacturers, but would also love to be greedy and get an OS2U as it is RIGHT up there on my most wanted list in 32nd as most other top wants on my list have been filled, like a 32nd T-6, OV-10, P-6E and a Model 75 Stearman.

What kind of Yak-9 is intended? Short or long fuselage (i. e. heavy gun variants)?

Looking forward to see this coming to life.

BTW, a sheet of early soviet Red Star markings (with the black circle inside and the black outline) would be nice to have as an add-on for the I-153 kit. Maybe a decal set "a la Wingnut Wings" with markings for pre/early-WW2 I-153 could be an useful addition to your portfolio?

Regards

- dutik

We're working on the Kingfisher on our own from the very beginning.

Thanks Simon. As Greg pointed out it is not on the 2014 wish list, nor even on the future release list.

Is the Kingfisher still in SilverWings plans?

Thanks