Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014/2015

Silver Wings

I agree with Mike, the Bf108 and Pete and Willow upgrades would be great, but to be truthful, all the aircraft you have produced so far have been great choices, so whatever you choose will probably be fine with me! 

I would love to do a Romanian He112, but I don't know how many would buy it!

I will get to the website and put in a couple choices just to help with the process.

Thanks for your continued production of great subjects

I recently purchased the SW P6-E from our very own Barry (Thanks Barry!) and i MUST say, it has some of the straightest, most lovely molding Ive seen on a resin kit.     Really looking forward to building it!

I recently purchased the SW P6-E from our very own Barry (Thanks Barry!) and i MUST say, it has some of the straightest, most lovely molding Ive seen on a resin kit.     Really looking forward to building it!

The problem is, all of their kits are that good - you'll be hooked before you know what's happened!

The way the wing struts are reinforced with metal is genius.

The problem is, all of their kits are that good - you'll be hooked before you know what's happened!

Oh yeah...................Ive got Simon's He-51 on wheels, an He-51 on floats, Sea-Gladdie, as well as one of his beautiful Stearmans.     However for as awesome as those others are indeed molded, for whatever reason, the P6-E molding quality seems to even be step up from those.

I have started to build the P-6E. The fuselage is glued, sanded clean, with lower wings glued and a coat of white primer on it. I can start the painting very soon (but many other builds at the same time...).

But the wingstruts are not the best parts of the kit in my opinion. The downside of the metal reinforcement is that they are pretty difficult to set up on the wing, and the angles of the steel wire makes difficult to set the upper wing once the struts are glued as they are very stiff. Actually i had to make pretty bigger holes, and i think i will remake the ends of the struts with putty in order to get a good fitting with the less seams possible.

However, that's only a very small criticism, i love Silver Wings kits, and they are on the top of the resin kits market. :)

Edited by Zero77

The strut holes do need some work. I've found matching up the angle of the brass rod with the enlarged hole makes a big difference. A bit of filler tidies up the join.

Doing the cabane struts first helps, as they support the weight of the upper wing. This makes placing the outer struts easier.

• 7 months later...

Re-2000 = yummy ! I'd buy it in the second it would be available !

Simon, did you ever plan to make a He-70? It's a bit bigger than most of the other Silver Wings models, but it's still reasonnable (about 15m wingspan x 12m lenght, only 1 engine and monoplane).

If i remember correctly, you planned to make a Val, and the Val is the japanese cousin of the He-70, their dimensions are quite similar.

I dont know if it would be a seller, though, but i'd buy it without any doubt !

heinkel-he70-blitz.jpg

90848558.jpg

Ghe70-2.jpg?resize=696%2C348

6780542570_22064c3365.jpg

Edited by Zero77

I wonder if He-70 is so historically significant that makes it worth releasing as a model kit... 

To be honest, we prefer fighters :)

I respect that. Of course the main point is to make kits that may sell, that's the only thing that can finance next kits.

But i'm not sure it would be a no-seller, though. Compared to Siskins or the Hawker Hart familly, i'm pretty sure it would sell better. (and i LOVE british aircraft of the 20/30's !)

Maybe someday one may be released.... Maybe HPH or Special Hobby?

Edited by Zero77