Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014/2015

Silver Wings

You guys are just beyond amazing. A PZL P.11 would be wonderful.

If I understand you correctly, I could make a Danish Fokker D.XXI as well as Finnish and Dutch aircraft. Too many great choices and too thin of a wallet.

All this and a P-6E and Kingfisher too? You are making some wonderful subjects.

Tnarg

Tnarg - thank you, but allow me to explain :)

PZL P.11 - will be released this year, the project is bout 40% advanced now

Fokker DXXI - we'll offer Dutch and German version first and withing the next year the Finnish version (the version incl. all differences we've discussed above)

P6-E - will become available as the next release, so it should be about month or two

Kingfisher - we're working on this, it's meant to be our first injected plastic kit, no specific date for this project at the moment

The PZL looks great.  Will be very interested in seeing how this comes along.  Is that fuselage 3D printed? 

Matt  :frantic:

Definitely looks like it is 3D printed.

I'm in for a Romanian PZL P.11 and a couple of Fokkers!

Cheers

Anders

Guest KingK_series

Definitely looks like it is 3D printed.

I'm in for a Romanian PZL P.11 and a couple of Fokkers!

Cheers

Anders

Romanian aircraft, both supplied and license built had different engines to the Pzl11c

- like Curtiss h75's and Fokker DXXI - all aircraft exported to other countries, often end up looking very different because of powerplant changes.

Polish 11C must be the priority because it was iconic and very bravely fought in the face of Nazi aggression, the Polish pilots were heroes, and so was the 11C

Romanian aircraft were designated 11B ands 11F

Edited by KingK_series

Romanian aircraft, both supplied and license built had different engines to the Pzl11c

- like Curtiss h75's and Fokker DXXI - all aircraft exported to other countries, often end up looking very different because of powerplant changes.

Polish 11C must be the priority because it was iconic and very bravely fought in the face of Nazi aggression, the Polish pilots were heroes, and so was the 11C

Romanian aircraft were designated 11B ands 11F

Actually, the Romanians had a few 'original' ex-polish 11c.

I'm well aware of the fact that the Romanian licence produced 11c with Gnome Rhone engines were designated 11f. IF I should choose to build one of those, it wouldn't be that hard to make a new cowling and exhaust and find a suitable engine.

Guest KingK_series

Actually, the Romanians had a few 'original' ex-polish 11c.

I'm well aware of the fact that the Romanian licence produced 11c with Gnome Rhone engines were designated 11f. IF I should choose to build one of those, it wouldn't be that hard to make a new cowling and exhaust and find a suitable engine.

Are you sure?

my books say there were 50 aircraft bought from Poland prior to the license built aircraft, but that the 50 were all powered by Gnome-Rhône 9K Mistral engines and the aircraft was designated PZL 11B

the PZL11F was the License built aircraft.

Edited by KingK_series

Well, yes.

According to AJ Press 37 PZL P.11 (2) there were in 1939 a total of 172 P.11 in Romania; 38 P.11b, 90 P.11f, 10 P.11a and 33 P.11c.

According to wikipedia there were 36 Polish P.11c flown to Romania in 1939.

Can't find this listed anywhere but the P.11c seems to have serials 3xx.

Anders

You guys are making a great effort to fill our wants from the 1930's. Thanks for that energy and effort.

I like the Mustangs and Spitfires, and can be persuaded to buy a plane with the engine on the inside, but this pre-1940 stuff really does it for me.

Tnarg

When Poland capitulated in September 1939, Romania was the only "friendly" neighbour that Poland had. So, the entire Polish treasury and government, most of the surviving Polish air force and army poured into Romania from the North. Romania was neutral so they allowed the Polish free onward passage or accomodation but confiscated all military equipment, including a very large inventory of varoius aircraft. Most of the Polish military personnel left Romania by boat and went on to join the Polish army in exile and fought the Germans elsewhere (as in "Quit that Polish chatter..." :-) ).

Among the many Polish planes left in Romania were a number of P-11C that saw action during Barbarossa and then served as training planes, then were cannibalised for spares.

Radu