Revell's (not so) new 1:32 He 219 "UHU"

Iain

Guest Nigelr32

nige i think it is better way to compare all to real aircraft pictures.

i hope i will get revell model soon and will begin to research carefully.

I know where you are coming from misha, but when we compare to pictures, there are all sorts of variables, such as angle, light etc. I don't think we have any known correct drawings available??

For me, it all comes down to what looks right, and I think the Tamiya kit is better looking than the Revell kit, but I can't put my finger on just what is wrong with it.

As posted pages ago - the Revell nacelle *is* too shallow over the wing compared to photo's - which supports what you're seeing in comparison with Tamiya kit.

*If* I get time this week I'll be doing some cutting and breaking out the Milliput - am confident I can improve on the shape of the Revell nacelles :)

Watch this space...

Iain

As I get nothing finished anyway, I really dont want to get involved in moulding new canopies etc. With this in mind I sent off an email to ZM concerning the canopy, and got this in response " Dear Greg, Thank you for your email. We have forwarded your message to ZOUKEI-MURA SWS Development team. Thank you for your interest in ZOUKEI-MURA SUPER WING SERIES."

Maybe something good will come of it as I believe a small enthusiast company like ZM takes getting it correct fairly seriously. Perhaps it is not too late to fix the canopy shape. One can only hope. If so, I will probably buy two, despite the higher cost.

I'm not convinced there's any major 'issue' with the ZM canopy...

Look at the framing on the image of the NASM machine at right - the vertical framing - the fuller/rounder section is the canopy area behind the windshield. Maybe the area at the very top/rear looks a little out - but overall effect a lot closer to the prototype IMHO.

The views of the models also need rotating up a little to match the view of the real a/c.

comparison.jpg

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Guest Nigelr32

Iain,

We discussed this point back in posts 335 and 336, then AFV Modeller kindly posted this pic...

_DSC1212-vi_zps833d1958.jpg

I'm just wondering..... if you're looking at this area again, are you planning on getting the knife out today. How would you go about correcting the Revell screen to more closely match the original??

Guest Nigelr32

One of us is going to start cutting soon, I can feel it in the clouds... trouble is, where to start????

Any ideas from anyone on how you would attempt to correct the Revell screen?

I *may* be digging out my Mattel vac-u-form machine...

Or sending a master down to Devon (have share in vac machine).

But too much other stuff to take precedence at present.

Iain

Guest Nigelr32

Thanks for your reply Iain, I was just wondering if there was a way of correcting clear plastic that I didn't know about?

Regards and merry Xmas.

Guest Nigelr32

Hi all, I've just bought Uhu number 2 to use a gineau pig. Yes I'm going to cut it up!!

As you all know, I am obsessed with the idea that the wing is too high up in the Nacelle, well, I just spotted this picture in Iain's post number 38, which shows the roof of the U/C bay fitted.

IMG_7836_zpsb0998104.jpg

Now, call me stupid, but wouldn't that roof be the bottom surface of the wing? Is this a clue as to where the nacelle should be positioned??

James, pic of ZM kit please???

Edited by Nigelr32

Hi all, I've just bought Uhu number 2 to use a gineau pig. Yes I'm going to cut it up!!

As you all know, I am obsessed with the idea that the wing is too high up in the Nacelle, well, I just spotted this picture in Iain's post number 38, which shows the roof of the U/C bay fitted.

IMG_7836_zpsb0998104.jpg

Now, call me stupid, but wouldn't that roof be the bottom surface of the wing? Is this a clue as to where the nacelle should be positioned??

James, pic of ZM kit please???

Without whipping the camera out, the ZM kit has the same u/c roof and bulkhead as the Revell, except that the wing 'skin' doesn't extend through this area, hidden by that roof. The ZM kit is built around a spar/rib rib framework, and the roof/bulkheads etc fit into lower nacelle half, which is then attached to skeleton, as per the upper nacelle half. I'll try to get an image online soon..