1/32 Mig-3 Trumpeter

Takezo

Very, very, very nice Takezo - I love the colour scheme you've chosen. Your painting skills are excellent - wish mine were half as good.

Oh, and by the way, I like your avatar very much. Did you design it??

Grant.

Edited by Obant

• 1 month later...
Hi all,
I did not update this topic for a long time. My apologies.
I had to make a lot of mistakes because I do not know much about this plane. I also made errors of interpretation as the white's hood or a too small red star on the tail (since amended). We'll do better next time ...
Today, the model is finished. So I post the entire progression's image.

Thank you all ...
Mig_3_20.jpg
Mig_3_21.jpg
Mig_3_22.jpg

Mig_3_23.jpg

Mig_3_24.jpg
Mig_3_25.jpg

A superb rendition, bravo! May I ask how you did the scraped paint effects on the ring roots? I presume the layers of paint were scrubbed off of the bare metal underneath, with a fiberglass brush? How do you keep the fiberglass brush from damaging the metal underneath?

Thanks guys....

May I ask how you did the scraped paint effects on the ring roots? I presume the layers of paint were scrubbed off of the bare metal underneath, with a fiberglass brush? How do you keep the fiberglass brush from damaging the metal underneath?

I used to prime my kit with tamiya TS30 Alu Spray can. I painted all the camo, spray a coat of gloss varnish (Mr hobby top coat) and then i used a fiberglass pencil carrefully... I used to a Xacto blade.

( Are you the same guy that has posted a build of a Hasegawa 1:32 Ki-44 shoki on you tube?? )

Yes, it's me.

finale.jpg

finale_2-10.jpg