WNW Junkers J.1

jeroenpeters

Here's all the A.M. I'm intenting to use.

Master models barrel. (as you can see I've got the LMG 14 and LMG 17 barrels, so I can wait with deciding which scheme I'll do).

HGW seatbelts. I wish more web stores would stock these.

Cheers,

Jeroen

junkersj1.jpg

Guest Ta152H1

Yeah Jeroen...way to go mate!This Junker is on my "to do" list....no rigging to speak of and beautifully detailed!I know that there's a little issue withn the ailerons.easily solved with a resin correction set by Copper State Models;here's a link to Draken's build: http://forum.largesc...showtopic=24570

Can't wait to see more!

Cheers

Lou

Edited by Ta152H1

Guest Ta152H1

There's a fairly complete front section of a J1 in Milan's "Museo Nazionale Della Scienza e Della Tecnica" which is the Italian for "National Museum of Science and Technology"...Italian's a difficult language,y' know! :DodgeBall:

This J4 was captured by Italy and used for victory displays and was later moved to Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnica.Today there is only the fuselage structure.

...I live between Milan and the Italian Riviera but never got around to visit it....must tell my GF that Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo have their showrooms there! :hmmm:

Cheers

Lou

Edited by Ta152H1

Guest Peterpools

Jeroen

I bought about the same amount of am addons for my Albatros but so far haven't used any of it as the kit's parts are great.

Peter

Hi Lou,

I had bookmarked Draken's build, but most of the images are gone now...

I'm also using CaveHog's build as a reference:

http://forum.largesc...showtopic=33055

I have found photo's of the J4 in Milan. Also got the Windsock datafile and some other usefull links.

I'm going to try to keep this build fairly quick though. (yeah right...)

@Peter: you're right. These kits don't need much...

This is one of their first kits and has some ejector marks in visible places. These were carefully eliminated by mr. Surfacer...

I've masked the areas that will receive a wood grain effect. That's up next.

Cheers,

Jeroen

PS. My lovely girlfriend just ordered the Fokker E.III for me....

junkersj1_3.jpg

Edited by jeroenpeters

Here's all the A.M. I'm intenting to use.

Master models barrel. (as you can see I've got the LMG 14 and LMG 17 barrels, so I can wait with deciding which scheme I'll do).

HGW seatbelts. I wish more web stores would stock these.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Hint, Hint, Hint ( I heard that !! :hmmm:) - I've got other stuff for WW1 though ...... :evil_laugh:

Must admit, I've rather taken a fancy to WW1 aircraft. When you look at them, you just can't believe they got them off the ground let alone fought in dog-fights with them - wonderful.

Grant

Hint, Hint, Hint ( I heard that !! :hmmm:) - I've got other stuff for WW1 though ...... :evil_laugh:

Hi Grant,

You sure do! These kits need very little love...

WnW is so considerable to include cilinders with (nasty molded on) AND without pushrods.

I used the ones' without and made the pushrods from... rods.

Can't wait to paint the engine. Nice and greasy.

Cheers,

Jeroen

junkersj1_4.jpg