TELFORD! Another year done...

richdlc

I took a lot of pics, but i can only post them on tuesday, since i'm still in the UK. Today we're going up to the Cosford museum where we'll be able to have a look at the restauration area. Will add those pics too.

Cheers,

Jeroen

(null)

I was there on Saturday and knew I was in for a treat when I joined a 2 mile traffic jam just to get in .... and that was over an hour before the doors opened to the public!! Well it sure was an eye opener for my first time eyes. I honestly thought it was terrific, loads of merchants, an unbelievable amount of models on display all of which were well displayed.

Highlights? well, I was lucky enough to meet up with Jeroen Peters and Cees Broere which was a delight and over a cup of much needed coffee we got to know each other quite well - I wouldn't have missed that for the world nor, equally, getting to meet Peter of Airscale fame. What a charming man ... I'll definitely be beating a path to his door on a regular basis.

Another highlight was meeting Mr Hideyuki Shigeta of Zoukei-Mura, another charming person who, through his interpreter, showed me what I understood to be his next release (sadly, NOT the UHU - Revell beat him to it so it's been put back a while apparently) the Type 5 Kawasaki Ki-100 - I'm convinced that that was said and, from what I saw of the prototype it looks to every bit as good as his other products.

I looked for Iain of 32SIG but seemed to have missed him on each occasion I passed by.

I'm guilty of leaving my phone in the car so no pictures but I will definitely be going back next year .. it was well organised, a good attendance of manufacturers, there were bargains to be had, it was roomy and had a huge amount to look at with interest or just plain jealousy which made up for the abundant hygene averse geeks and characters that were floating around.

Grant

Edited by Obant

Guest Nigelr32

That was me with the personal hygiene issues I think?? I wash once a month whether I need to or not!!

Seriously though, I know what you mean Nick, I was on a bookstand on the Saturday and a guy next to me was openly farting, and appeared to be enjoying it?? The other thing that annoys me at shows is rude people who just but in on others conversations. There's me trying to have a sensible conversation with the guy on the WEM stand regarding aircraft carriers of the PTO, and this little old guy spouts off about the differences between the british and USA carriers and how the yanks were rubbish and the brits would have cleaned up faster and blah blah blah!!

Silly old sod ruined a very interesting conversation for me!!

Edit:- One more complaint.. I went with a view to picking up some AM odds and ends and came away with a ZM Skyraider with weapons set, a ZM Ta-152, a HK B-25 a Trumpeter F/A18-E and a 1/35 Kraz to park up with my MiG-29 and Su-27. I spent far too much money there.

Edited by Nigelr32

Hi guys,

Had a chat on Saturday at the LSP stand and was lucky to put a few faces to names over here.

Was amazed at the builds over there and had a great chat with tomprobert and his B-29 man this man is on roll.

Scored me quite some deals/ steals in the swap section although I must say that over in there second place is dead last man some fierce grabbing went in there :fight:. I just found that the usual big players where a little on the smaller side this year...but none the less there was more then enough to get!!!

Only one downside I din't get to meet up with Geedub :help: :oops: , it was crowdy to say the least, next year I guess??

Cheers

Fred

Thanks chaps.

Had a blast this weekend. Fantastic meeting many LSP'ers and chatting with them. We obviously forgot about the 4 o'clock meeting?

When talking to Thomas and his lovely wife I forgot that he is Wurzacher who so kindly sent me the SeaFury decals last year. The penny dropped much later. Sorry Thomas, you are a great guy.

Cees

Another highlight was meeting Mr Hideyuki Shigeta of Zoukei-Mura, another charming person who, through his interpreter, showed me what I understood to be his next release (sadly, NOT the UHU - Revell beat him to it so it's been put back a while apparently) the Type 5 Kawasaki Ki-100...

Thanks! That jewel of info made wading through all of the other posts in this and other Telford threads worthwhile. ;)

D

OK - have transferred photos from my cameras - over 430 of them.

Need to go through and edit before I publish - probably in stages.

Still catching up after weekend - and I'm meeting up with Jerry tomorrow for a spot of sight-seeing - so doubt I'll get anything up until the weekend - sorry!

Iain

I missed the 4 o'clock meeting on Saturday, sorry. I was caught up in meetings and chats with various manufacturers and retailers. I met old friends and made new ones. Bumped into Jerry Rutman as I was rushing to another meeting, so I barely got a chance to chat with him. I missed the competition - by the time I got there on the second day, people were taking away their stuff. But, all in all, it was a great two days. Fantastic show.

Radu

Good to hear all of you had a great time! Happy to see all the pics that have been posted too. Wish i could of been there. Very jealous !................Harv :punk:

Yep the lads and myself had a great time.

Thankfully I resisted boosting my stash bar a Revell Lynx ( thanks Nige for the negotiations), and some of the superb ZM Figures.

The lads walked away with a couple of projects so all in all a success for the household budget, This was despite Nige attempting to break my resolve with the offer of an F18 at the 11th Hour!

However.... following a discussion with Roy for next years 32 sig table, I now have a Mig 15 en route, soon to be joined by either a F80 Shooting Star, or F84 Thunderjet so post show purchases have ultimately upset the apple cart.

A superb show, a great turnout on the 32 sig table and indeed overall within the show. No photos though unfortunately.

Brian, I was only there on the Saturday, hovering around the stand like a bad smell, (although nobody pointed out a personal hygiene issue) sorry to have missed you as I wanted to pester you about your foiling technique.

Edited by Phartycr0c

I had a brilliant time for the whole week I was in blighty,largly because of the sainted gentlemen named Matt and Ian.but also because of a lot of others like Roy. Even got to wax loquasious over politics during our large dinner table gathering with no one breaking into fisticuffs!

Even bigger show this year with what looked like maybe 40% more hall space available. Lots of great conversation and as always,the cool local club stands. Great time with Paster John and Tin and the gang from Greymatter and many others. Lovely time pusuing one of my other passions,medievel buildings! Discovered one of the great hidden treasures of England...The Coteswolds!!

Can't wait to fulfil McAurthers' words'"I shall return"

J

Rich good to meet you as said on BM, I've jumped ship and joined here now too, Might aswell seeing as I've bought a few 'large' kits ;)

Some photos here if people don't mind?

8190697544_c4c9bc1d2a_z.jpg

MB9T2898 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

8190698654_feb73e4c8e_z.jpg

MB9T2851 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

8189618535_83c1780622_z.jpg

MB9T2817 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

8190698884_19a981dd50_z.jpg

MB9T2849 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr