ZM Raiden box art, and future release teaser..?

Kagemusha

Did see the pics via my phone, real nice figures, though only available with a pre-order and looks like you can only get one not both.

hrmmmmm. Well what the hell is the point of that?? Id think that anyone (including myself) who wanted to put figure(s) in this kit is going to want a pilot AND a radar officer. And you obviously cant have just a radar officer........

Im hoping at some point in the not-to-distant future we will see SB.com selling these figures, although its looking unlikely.

oh well, I would in that case likely just continue with my original plan of using some Master Details pilots anyway.

I wish they would pump out a bunch of different figures. I just got the P-51 pilot in a few days ago (from SB btw ) and was really impressed with the crisp detail. Id shell out bucks all day long for new figures from them. I like that box btw..would make a great print..and the B-29..well, thatd make my year if ZM did one of those in 32nd scale.

Guest Peterpools

Guys, remember the days when maybe one 32nd scale kit was released every few years? For me, it's like a kid in a candy store ... what to chose and buy?

Peter

Yeah - their figs are nice - I wish I had bought a set of those bomb loaders for the A-1. Wonder why they are such limited release.

While I would agree that it would be good if ZM did subjects that were not already covered and already available with good kits it is still a really fantastic time to be into 1/32. I mean a freakin A-6 on the way and a P-61? An injection b-17 maybe?

Never woulda thunk it a few years back.....

My guess all the half-built kits in that photo are for research purposes. What better way to produce a better kit than your competitors than to actually build their kits to understand what is good and bad about them.

Doug

i do that all the time so we can make it a better kit. :coolio:

we research a vehicle, and then look at what is out there in different scales.

even ask modelers what they like.

maybe even ask where to find an old kit.

before any metal is cut

Glen :whistle:

2012030612505.jpg

It was interesting chatting with Kenichi in the Volks store in Tokyo last week.

The A-1J has been poorly received in Japan with complaints about the lack of multi colored sprues having gone to all light grey to please Western modellers in the A-1J.

Guess it goes to show you can't please all the people..

Not sure if anyone had mentioned the J is the Spad to get with all the parts and decals and instructions from both kits.

Yes the US Navy decals come in the J kit..and I didn't know the J has faired in landing lights in the wing tips which are included in the J.

Good value with parts for the H the J and decals for both.

The He-219 looks great from the tester in the shop.

Edited by Darren Howie

It was interesting chatting with Kenichi in the Volks store in Tokyo last week.

The A-1J has been poorly received in Japan with complaints about the lack of multi colored sprues having gone to all light grey to please Western modellers in the A-1J.

Thats QUITE interesting......................

The multi-colored plastic (specifically the silver stuff) was literally one of the only things I didnt like about building the A1-H

Just because thst photo shows models that ZM don't currently produce - I wouldn't draw a conclusion that their are on the list/prototypes - the guy's a modeller - I'll wager that's the Revell/Matchbox Spit and Trumpeter SBD.

As to plastic colours - wasn't overly keen in the multiple colours when I build my Skyraider - especially the silver - so surprised to read they don't like plain grey in the home market! Goes to show we're all different!! :)

Iain

even ask modelers what they like.

Glen :whistle:

2012030612505.jpg

We like 1/32.....F-35's.......and 1/32..... F-94s

LOL I could not resist. i saw your kits at the LHS in 48th and they are very nice.....I was thinking that sure would be nice blown up to 1/32 with no changes.

Rob

Edited by Rob Colvin