Me-262 A-1a Early Version

scvrobeson

Great work, I really like you close up in your face photos of the areas you are working on. Really nice

Ron

Thanks Ron! I wanted to make sure that everyone sees what I'm working on, and people can get a close look for if they're working on the same kit. There are a lot of builds I see where people don't show much detail about their builds, so I wanted to show as much as I could. I'm glad so many people are reading in on this build, and are enjoying it.

Matt :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Terrific update with all the up close and tight photos.. I t made following your work flow easy to follow. Hopefully your almost through all the fit problems, as nothing seemed to actually mate up without needing attention and filler.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

Matt

Terrific update with all the up close and tight photos.. I t made following your work flow easy to follow. Hopefully your almost through all the fit problems, as nothing seemed to actually mate up without needing attention and filler.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter! I'm glad you like the pictures. Most of the fit problems actually are because I added in parts. Yes, a couple of the trouble spots are straight from the kit, but it wasn't really that bad. most of the filling was cosmetic anyway, just around the wing joint on the bottom was there any structural putty needed. But I'm enjoying it on the whole, it's going together well. I think if I had stuck to fully out of the box, I could have avoided a bunch of the fit problems.

Thanks for reading in, I should have more progress in the next couple of days.

Wonderful work. All of these nice Me262's roaming around are giving me ants in my pants to do one.

Sincerely,

Mark

You should Mark, especially with your attention to detail. I think you could do a complete show-stopper if you took up the challenge of building one. I think you should, they are pretty cheap to get a hold of, and there is tons of marking variations to build them in.

Thanks for reading in, I'm glad you like it.

Got a bit of progress done tonight. I started in on the wiring in the gun bay, and got the starboard side plugged in, just need to add some assorted details, and the color. It's all just really narrow guage wire I've got laying around, put into drilled holes so it would have somewhere to set. Some of the strands were braided together, and some were left as individual strands, because that's what it looks like in all of the reference shots I have.

Here are the photos of the work. I hope you all enjoy, and can see how it's coming out.

Me-262A-1aEarly079.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly078.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly077.jpg

The other side has holes drilled, and is the next part to get wired.

Me-262A-1aEarly080.jpg

Sorry for the very quick update, but I hope that you all enjoy it. Thanks for reading in, I hope that this Schwalbe can get done over my Christmas break.

Love those looms!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark! They were surprisingly easy to do, maybe took me 10 minutes to do that side of the operation. It was super simple. Just drilled some holes, and ran the wire into it. And it has been painted now with Vallejo acrylics, and it will be weathered before getting the guns in, and all sealed up.

Thanks for stopping in!

Matt

Nice work on adding the wiring. Sure is looking good.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter. The wiring is pretty evident on the -262, so I had to add it in there. If I'm detailing the rest of the plane, I should make sure I hit all of the areas, right?

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone out there. I hope that you're all having happy holidays out there in LSP-land. It was raining all day today here, so I finished up the rest of the gun bay detailing, now I need to paint and weather the guns, then get it all installed. The wiring was very simple, since I learned how to do everything on the other side. It's all basecoated with Vallejo Flat Yellow, this will be weathered and blended into the paintwork to look well worn and used.

Me-262A-1aEarly085.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly086.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly087.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly088.jpg

I cut the barrels off of the guns, to make installing them easier later. It also can't be seen once they're installed, so it won't cause any problems. I'm planning to base coat them in black, and then weather them with some gun-metal and graphite to make them look right.

Me-262A-1aEarly089.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly090.jpg

Because of the weather, I was also able to get some other things done, including the flaps, and getting prepped for the next step of this project, the Jumo jet engines.

Me-262A-1aEarly091.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly092.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly093.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly094.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly095.jpg

Now to add about a mile of wiring, and then a ton of paint and weathering effects to make it look real.

Thanks everyone for reading in. I hope that you're all enjoying the progress. I'm getting closer and closer to the painting stages, that's when this build will really come to life, and be its own unique -262.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone.