Revell's Uhu

PhilM

On Hannant's home page today:

Hannants News: 16/10/12

Due this week

Revell RV4666 1:32 Heinkel He 219 UHU £44.99 for advanced orders.

Is it really nearly here? (Or is this "news" based on old information?) Cannot think they would put this up now if it wasn't so?

I found it interesting that the export price on Hanants is more than it is from Tower Hobbies even though it has to be shipped from there (well, Europe anyways) to North America. I wonder if Revell USA will eventually re-box it and therefore see the price come down again.

Like Brian, now to decide which one to get: this or the ZM one.

Carl

I visited Hannant's London shop this Monday, and they had a built-up kit (unpainted) and it looked superb! I was told Z-M has dropped their HE219, but we'll see!

Stein

Hrmmm. That certainly would make the decision easier. Im sure that Eduard will get involved with the Eagle-Owl, as they have with all of the other big Revell twins...............which will make for a splendid kit. Ive even been thinking about dong mine up with closed canopies and a couple of seated pilots. I dont normally do pilots, but in the case of the large and open looking cockpit of the Uhu, I think that having two of them in there, each posed a bit differently with O2 masks on might look pretty trick.

As for ZM abandoning their Eagle-Owl, Id say since their development seems SO far along with the examples weve seen, that its unlikely that they would abandon it this late IMHO