Fisher Sea Fury - Iraq

red Dog

Great work on such large scale .I now am working on a scratch- build 1/24 scale Hawker Sea Fury.I have been working on it for about a year.enlarging the engine is done by computer assistance and resin.Hopefully Airfix could dish out one in 1/24.Again, outstanding work.I love your Harrier.Take care.

Glad to have a look at this old thread, it just popped up new, but the Fury was an amazing build. Like what was said earlier, the metal behind the exhausts just looked read. Perfect heat discoloration. Even if the praise is for eight years ago, it still looks amazing.

Tnarg

Funny my first introduction post here on LSP :)  pops up now with the Sea Fury  -  She's  was a commission build for its owner and is back on my bench nowadays needing a display base to be built.

Here's the real aircraft I was happy to see during one of my GA flight to its homebase last year, seems the hangar is still the one from WWII. Sint Truiden (Brustem) indeed has an interesting history in WWII but I doubt the hangars survived the war and it's probably post war or early Belgian air force use. Nevertheless, it's old :)
It's one of my go to places as you might always find interesting aircrfat in there, T28, Spitfire, the Fury, A old Mirage V dual seat, ... It has been a great place to shoot walk around for my models. 

real_1.png

real_2.png

12 hours ago, silver said:

Great work on such large scale .I now am working on a scratch- build 1/24 scale Hawker Sea Fury.I have been working on it for about a year.enlarging the engine is done by computer assistance and resin.Hopefully Airfix could dish out one in 1/24.Again, outstanding work.I love your Harrier.Take care.

Thank you, I hope you show us your work. 

11 hours ago, Tnarg said:

Glad to have a look at this old thread, it just popped up new, but the Fury was an amazing build. Like what was said earlier, the metal behind the exhausts just looked read. Perfect heat discoloration. Even if the praise is for eight years ago, it still looks amazing.

Tnarg

Thanks, the FIsher kit is a gem and it's one of these model where building is actually fast and you get very quickly to paint which is what I appreciate most. 

3 hours ago, alain11 said:

I discovered very nice builds here :goodjob: I am not worried about your C 10 it will be another top notch build 
Alain

Thanks Alain. The windscreen will probably be the last serious challenge

In anyway, thanks for my first LSP post necromancy :)

Such a well made model, and worth revisiting the thread. 

Does make me a little sad with regret that I sold my Fisher Sea Fury kit, knowing now I'll most likely never be able to obtain another after what happened to Paul Fisher's Home & Business in those terrible wild fires. 

• 2 weeks later...