Scratchbuilt Fokker EIII

oldgoat

Hi Folks!

I've been out sick for a while, so I dug up this EIII I started a couple of years ago. It started life as a Marco's Models 1/24 vac, which was largely unbuildable. I kept the undercarriage, LMG 08, engine and engine cowl. I drew the wings in AutoCad, and had them laser cut from Basswood. The tube frame is welded brass rod. Wheels are scratched, as is all else. I plan to finish this in the next few months.

Sorry, but I have only one passable shot. More will follow.

Ah, shucks. You fellers are real nice-like. I started work on this before having the skills to finish it. Thanks in no small part to the encouragement by, and exposure to, the outstanding exemplars right 'cheer on LSP. I'll try to live up to your kind praise.

Amazing so far. Actually, if I had done something that nice while uncovered, I'd consider making it in the version of the airplane they originally covered with a clear covering to try out some camouflage ideas. That way it is still historically accurate and you get to enjoy the full interior detail. I recall seeing this one in an old Wind Sock and it made me think of how fun it would be to have a model with that detail.

Tnarg

Thanks T, I had forgotten about that version. I used LiteSpan only once before, on a 1/32 Lohner. It came out OK. So maybe clear is do-able.

Edited by oldgoat