Has anyone had any luck ordering direct from Hobbydecal?

Daywalker

There are a few sheets of their stencils I would like to buy, which are unavailable wherever I have looked. Specifically, their 1/32 Tamiya F-16 sheets. I have a copy of their sheet for the Academy kit, which is close but their are a few I need which are kit specific. I have tried to contact them directly to see when the Tamiya version will be available again (it is listed as out of stock) but have had no luck trying to contact them.

Hobbydecal

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with them? Or, does anyone have a couple of extra sets of stencils for the Tamiya 1/32 F-16 kit?

TIA!

Kim makes great products but his customer service is not really good. Took 6 months numerous email and 3shipping trys to get my last order!

He has posted that they have hired a new person for orders but only time will tell

Luckymodel carries most of his product i will go trough them next time!

I ordered £120's worth of 1/32 decals 6 months ago.

Place order, wait for e-mail confirming availability before making payment. No e-mail. Chase, get the price confirmed.

Pay. Wait for delivery. Never arrives.

Contact Hobbydecal. They send another lot out.

Second lot arrives as ordered after 2 weeks.

Total duration around 2-3 months.

The decals are brilliant, but Lee is not really running it as a professional business.

I would still persevere - he does not rip anyone off, but you may need some patience.

They are outstanding decals, worth the hassle in my opinion!

I'd not take too much notice of stock levels - if you can, order them anyway.

They have that weird ordering process where you order but then have to wait for them to contact you to confirm availability before even paying!

As a business model, it sucks.

• 1 year later...

I'm actually enduring the same story. I've made an order about 10 days ago, now waiting for the availability confirmation before payment, and.... nothing. I've already sent 2 mails, but no answer.

TRUST ME PEOPLE. After ordering directly from Hobby Decal on several occasions, the one thing i can say withOUT fail is they do NOT answer E-mails. Period. Or they at least have never answered any of mine, and I was about 3 days from taking them to Pay-Pal disputes over some of teh Black Bunny decals I purchased....................

For the most part, just keep checking the "status" of your order on the site, and bottom line is, if you can find the Hobby Decal product your looking for ANYWHERE else, do it.

Otherwise, (unless things have changed customer service wise in the last 6 months) its an assured month or two wait, and maybe longer.

It has been few years since I ordered from them last time but I never had any problems getting my stuff (I did order several times).

Cannot remember whether I had some email communiation though.

Jozef

Geez....

The funny stuff is that in their help page, they say several times "contact us" for various reasons.

Right, i dont know how i will manage to get those dry transfers, as they are not easily findable elsewhere than on the official website (most are not in stock at luckymodels). I will wait.