1/32 F-18C Academy Kit

P-51D Man

Change of plans everyone. I am going to scratch the cockpit that came with the kit and going to get a resin one. I can only find the two seater from black box/avionix. Will that one work or is their a single seater out there somewhere?

Ed

Guest Peterpools

Always these pesky unforeseen fit problems to drive you nuts! Any progress with the fit issues?

AMS playing it's hand.

Peter

I ran into one major problem with the air intakes for the engines. The one on the right side of the model will take some effort to fix. Have not yet started on this issue. I am going to assume that the left side will be the same way.

I had to file a lof of plastic from both intakes to fit them somehow and after this it wasn't perfect.

I had a gap from 0,5mm to almost 1,0mm so i had to put o lot of putty there.

After this I had to do a lof of sanding. Then putty and sanding again, next some scribing.

I took me a few hours to make them look good.

Change of plans everyone. I am going to scratch the cockpit that came with the kit and going to get a resin one. I can only find the two seater from black box/avionix. Will that one work or is their a single seater out there somewhere?

Ed

Aires produce a single seater, i have bought mine at hannants, but i think you could find it quite easily in the US.

Edit : here is the link toward hannants : http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AIRE2035

Edited by Zero77

• 4 years later...