An old Revell P-38 project...

Guest Paul Budzik

Wasn't this featured in Fine Scale Modeller once, many moons ago? Another one of my favourites is your P-51B Mustang. Your kind o' building is timeless Paul. They always look fresh and new regardless of how old the build is. Timeless Sir!

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Paul Budzik

Thanks Ron and Wolf.

Wolf: There was a single photo in a reader gallery. Somehow, I never got around to taking any in-progress photos and these completed shots are all that is left.

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Simply marvel at the incredible level of craftsmanship and precision. As we use to say; Jaw dropping work - both the USS Enterprise scratch build underway and the P-38. Following Wolf, I've read many times your P-51B build and admire the craftsmanship and fidelity of scale of the project. :clap2: :bow: :clap2:

Peter

Guest Peterpools

I have to admit at first, I thought is was the real deal. The first image it's nearly impossible to tell it's the Revell kit.

Peter

Guest Paul Budzik

The tires where machined from acrylic. The circumferential grooves were turned while the horizontal grooves were cut in by hand on the lathe using a jig that I made. The rear wheels were machined from acrylic with styrene for the spoked face. The nose wheel was machined from brass. All the gears were made up of machined brass parts.

As I took the file apart, I found a few in progress shots and have put them up on a second page here:

http://paulbudzik.co...8_1-32_pg2.html

I guess I lost interest in making it into a construction artlcle.

Thank you again everyone for you compliments.

Paul