HAF Viper, Tamiya kit

LSP_K2

And the Aires nozzle painted flat white and some pastels slopped on. More work to obviously be done on the painting of the interior, but this gives a decent idea of how it's starting to look. All in all, I don't see that the Aires components are all that much of an improvement in this area, but I'll probably use them anyway.

AiresCan1_zpsa24a2409.jpg

All in all, I don't see that the Aires components are all that much of an improvement in this area, but I'll probably use them anyway.

They're really not, and, in my opinion, the detail on the outside are WAY, WAY overdone.

Your painting of the interior looks great.

Jake

Nice work , the dirty innermost petals look good.

I have to agree with Jake, the rivet detail on the exterior of the nozzles looks too prominent.

I think Frank has the right idea. Fill them and sand them down until they're virtually invisible. That's how the real deal looks.

Keep at it Kevin, you're doing a grand job.

More details painted (faked), in cockpit rear area. (As my Mig approaches the finishing stage, I'm very anxious to resume work in earnest on this Viper, a project I've wanted to do for quite a few years now.)

DSCN3727_zps97caf137.jpg

Hi Kevin-

Looking really nice! Just a heads-up: the deck area behind the seat and the area under the aft transparency are black, not cockpit-tub grey-

Cheers

Pete

Hi Kevin-

Looking really nice! Just a heads-up: the deck area behind the seat and the area under the aft transparency are black, not cockpit-tub grey-

Cheers

Pete

Yep, I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for the input, I'll correct it.

Not A huge fan of the F 16 but what you are doing here is looking real fine I must say. Great work so far.

Oliver

Thanks Oliver. Given a choice of FOD covers or not (I don't want to cover the engine outlet), I'll need to clean up as much of the big mouth seam as possible. Here, I've begun just that.

Viper031013001_zps2f0826eb.jpg

Temporarily (I hope it's only temporarily), I've misplaced the parapack, which I intended to start painting tonight, so instead I started work on grafting the tail/rudder assembly to the PWWP resin section. To that end, I've super glued a stout (14ga), piece of copper wire to tail assembly, and bored a corresponding hole to accept it.

Viper031013002_zps5053d1ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...