HAF Viper, Tamiya kit

LSP_K2

Very nice stuff!

I am actually thinking of buying this same kit after my birthday, and i am still in doubt about buying it with the Aires cockpit set which you have. Is it too much to ask if you show the original pit next to the Aires?

greetings Heico

Very nice stuff!

I am actually thinking of buying this same kit after my birthday, and i am still in doubt about buying it with the Aires cockpit set which you have. Is it too much to ask if you show the original pit next to the Aires?

greetings Heico

Sure, I'll take some photos and post soon. Thanks for checking in.

Very nice stuff!

greetings Heico

He's using the avionix set in this one not the aires one, aires actually is quite different from the avionix set as the back end (behind the seat) is way shorter on the aires set ( 5mm at least) making the whole cockpit move back and making it look wierd!

go with the avionix set hands down the best set out there, and it fits nicely too!

Cheers Fred

As requested, here are four shots comparing kit parts to Avionix resin pit parts. As you can see, the resin option certainly provides more and very delicate detailing (admittedly a lot of which will never be seen once bang seat is in position), and is more 'busy". As to the expense justification, I can only speak for myself, and as far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely worth the purchase price. I'm probably only ever going to do one 1:32 Viper in my lifetime, and this is the one.

(Area behind seat depicted on resin piece is molded into upper fuselage half of model, and unfortunately I've already chopped that away, but it too has been improved considerably with additional detailing on resin piece "busying up" this area.)

I had previously suggested I'd do side by side comparisons of resin replacement/original kit parts of wheels, wheel wells, and afterburner area of engine as well, and will do so as time allows.

Pit12_zpsde799fd5.jpg

Pit1_zps314e8fde.jpg

Pit11_zpsbeb5db0e.jpg

Pit13_zps8648e7e0.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I must say that for plastic standards this Tamiya pit is of very good quality! Espcially the seat is very nice in my eyes. But offcourse it still is no match to your resin pit.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Thanks for posting the comparison photos. The AM components absolutely are beautifully detailed and look well worth their cost.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn:

Thank you for posting this! I must say that for plastic standards this Tamiya pit is of very good quality! Espcially the seat is very nice in my eyes. But offcourse it still is no match to your resin pit.

I agree. If it were not for the fact that I really want this one to look as nice as possible, I would probably skip some of the AM, as the kit is very nice OOB, at least in my opinion anyway. .

Thanks for the comments fellas, certainly appreciated. Wheel well comparison, kit parts on the left, resin (Aires), parts on right. Kit parts are loaded with ejector pin marks, so if one is going for the "competition look", these would probably need to be addressed. Not bad at all OOB, but Aires set is, in my opinion, a marked improvement in this area.

WW11_zps00773452.jpg

WW1_zps3fc57146.jpg

WW12_zps09cf7c52.jpg