Testshots He-219 buildt and sprue shots

mark31

I know how they will compete.

You get two gorgeous full engines,gunbays,open panels everywhere and if the Spad and TA152 are anything to go buy it all fits.thats far easier than heroic surgery installing 300 dollars worth of resin in the Revell kit.

Looking forward to the Revell kit but to me it looks good but the ZM kit will be where it's at.

You get two gorgeous full engines,gunbays,open panels everywhere and if the Spad and TA152 are anything to go buy it all fits.thats far easier than heroic surgery installing 300 dollars worth of resin in the Revell kit.

Looking forward to the Revell kit but to me it looks good but the ZM kit will be where it's at.

I cant disagree with the anticipated quality of the kit and what you get. Your going to get your moneys worth, I guarantee that, after having just completed their SPAD. If their 219 goes together anything like their A1-H, then it will truly be a gem.

Having said the previous, I still may myself get the ZM offering seeing how well their SPAD assembled and what a gem it was.

I was more referring to the overall sales across the globe of a 1/32 He 219. Revells offering seems quite accurate (from my experiences that is true in most cases) and you have to admit, under $52 USD is a true steal for a kit of this magnitude. Im sure ZMs kit will be stellar and may surpass the Revell offering, but I think I may end up giving ZM some my personal business anyway.

You may have heard this before but most builders don't think full engine bays and open panels everywhere

are all that gorgeous. I'd like a model of the 219 on my shelf, not something that looks like a transformer in heat.

No offense :rolleyes:

...not something that looks like a transformer in heat.

LOL! That's a good vision of some of the torn apart kits I've seen. Works of art, each and every one but nevertheless, the lines of the aicraft are disturbed. However, to each his/her own. I'll be getting one for sure and with the EagleCals being released in the near future, I'll have some ready made markings for it as well. Now if that 219 book from Valiant Wings would just arrive, I'd be all set.

You may have heard this before but most builders don't think full engine bays and open panels everywhere

are all that gorgeous. I'd like a model of the 219 on my shelf, not something that looks like a transformer in heat.

No offense :rolleyes:

+2

To me when you have a "super build" with every conceivable panel open it does totally destroy the lines of the plane.

Antennas, intends, gun turrets, ect, ect, are all part of an airframe and a beautiful to me as a part of that particular plane, bu you take an open every panel, and its not the same plane anymore, and to me looks like crap; no offense intended to anyone who likes that look.

For me, the same goes for folded wings. In certain circumstances, they can be ok, but most times that too destroys the look of a plane.

The salient point here, is that we will have access to a version that will satisfy the vast majority of modellers, whichever they prefer. I don't see how it can get any better than that! The test shots of the RoG kit sure seems to offer a lot of wiggle room for after-market resin goodness. I'd be curious how the balance/CG/tailsitter issue is addressed, that may be a point for aftermarket solutions as well. I always thought Tamiyas metal cockpit tub was a creative and innovative solution for their 1/48 kit.

The salient point here, is that we will have access to a version that will satisfy the vast majority of modellers, whichever they prefer. I don't see how it can get any better than that! The test shots of the RoG kit sure seems to offer a lot of wiggle room for after-market resin goodness. I'd be curious how the balance/CG/tailsitter issue is addressed, that may be a point for aftermarket solutions as well. I always thought Tamiyas metal cockpit tub was a creative and innovative solution for their 1/48 kit.

I def agree with that Mike.............

As a matter of fact, Im counting on Eduard to jump in on the Revell version for the cockpit, and at least some AM manufacturers for some weighted wheels, and maybe even an Aires, for some wheel wells and so forth.

I cant deny how great the ZM offering looks though, and would desperately love to give them more of my business, but the accuracy and price point of the Revell offering will be hard to resist.

The question whether to show off the giblets or not is one I haven't found a satisfying answer so far.

On one hand, I also like the clean lines, undisturbed by removed panels and cowlings hanging loose. Even more so when the designer of the object of interest did not just create something that is a purposeful boxing of everything, but has also some beauty, something aesthetically pleasing to the eye

On the other hand, I am fascinated by engines and all that kind of stuff under the skin, one usually can't see, but is usually responsible that a technical device, like an aircraft can even operate in the first place...

...difficult decision... :hmmm: