Is this the most expensive 1/32 decal sheet..?

Kagemusha

@Kagemusha

Nope. I've seen some OOP Cutting Edge and PYN-UP decals sheets in various scales going much over 100$ on Ebay.

Some time ago I was quite happy to find one of the CED's 1/72 P-38 sheets for 7$ in a U.S. shop as each time when these decals appeared on Ebay, they went over 100$...

Edited by barkhorn

dude.....I picked like 4 of those over the years..........I 'll take $45 each lol. Thats a deal right?

4!!!! Man you need to de-clutter - how does $9.99 sound, only want one... ;)

Edited by Kagemusha

It is an auction. Fact: some people get carried away at an auction. Fueled by a veritable tidal wave of testosterone, their egos take over and It becomes a duel to the death between rutting males. Money then is no object. The winner can then stand on a tree limb in his back yard, clad in his polka dot patterned bathing suit and beat his chest screaming like Tarzan until the guys with the very large butterfly net come to take him to a nice, warm, padded cell.

Want to pay for that new $200 kit that just hit the market? Sell some of the older OOP items from your stash on eBay. If you attract some avid bidders you may be able to buy two or three new kits with the proceeds. Put a reasonable minimum price on the things because some items may actually sell for only 99 cents if that is what you put as a minimum. If it does not sell all you lost was a minimum listing fee - a good gamble.

Life can be fun, enjoy it.

Stephen

Guest Dekenba

It is an auction. Fact: some people get carried away at an auction. Fueled by a veritable tidal wave of testosterone, their egos take over and It becomes a duel to the death between rutting males. Money then is no object. The winner can then stand on a tree limb in his back yard, clad in his polka dot patterned bathing suit and beat his chest screaming like Tarzan until the guys with the very large butterfly net come to take him to a nice, warm, padded cell.

Want to pay for that new $200 kit that just hit the market? Sell some of the older OOP items from your stash on eBay. If you attract some avid bidders you may be able to buy two or three new kits with the proceeds. Put a reasonable minimum price on the things because some items may actually sell for only 99 cents if that is what you put as a minimum. If it does not sell all you lost was a minimum listing fee - a good gamble.

Life can be fun, enjoy it.

Stephen

Exactly this - Ebay bidders fail to do research. it's common to see stuff go for far, far more than it's readily available for elsewhere.

Exactly this - Ebay bidders fail to do research. it's common to see stuff go for far, far more than it's readily available for elsewhere.

Is this sheet actually available anywhere else? I'm pretty sure this FoxOne sheet is pretty hard to find. The Marine one seems to be pretty common.

Is this sheet actually available anywhere else? I'm pretty sure this FoxOne sheet is pretty hard to find. The Marine one seems to be pretty common.

D'accord. The US Navy May 1972 Vietnam era has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' and if I had a Juliet coming to shape on the building ramp I might be tempted to part with over the odds money for a VF-31 jet from the Super Sara, or a Silver Kings from the Constellation.

What surprises me is, if these things fetch so much on e-bay, why aren't the producers going for a limited re-run?

Tony T

Why aren't the producers going for a limited re-run?

The reason is simple: this is not because a small group of crazy guys is willing to fight up to the last penny to get this holy graal item that a reasonable number of customers will purchase the item from a second production batch. Evil-bay is not a sample of the whole modelling world. So, producers don't think that this crazy behavior will ensure them ROI...!