Big Beautiful Doll: Tamiya P-51D Mustang

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

The Front Office - Update

For now, the front office is finished. I've gone back, fixed the incorrect colors, added the missing hose clamps, some additional bits and pieces, most of the small levers and some controls. All the Barracuda placards and additional Eduard interior PE parts have been added as well.An additional light wash of burnt umber was applied along with a bit of dry brushing and two colors of brown/rust pastels. The balance of the small parts and gun sight will be added later on. I'm trying to keep the front office looking used but well maintained.

Lou, thanks for all the help and suggestions .. greatly appreciated.

PCW_2991.jpg

PCW_2990.jpg

PCW_2987.jpg

PCW_2988.jpg

PCW_2992.jpg

PCW_2989.jpg

PCW_2993.jpg

Guest Ta152H1

Awsome cockpit,pard....F-AWSOME :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: !Now..you probably know that but if painting cables tie-downs and clamps drives you crazy (it DOES drive ME crazy!)..cut thin strips off scrap decals of the right color and let Micro Sol do the rest of the work! :coolio:

Cant wait to see he rest!

Cheers

Lou

Guest Peterpools

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the positive comments - much appreciated

The weathered floor boards are a combo of pastels on top of some light dry brushing. The map was a 'stolen' idea from Lou's build.

Always appreciate any comments and ideas that will keep me going in the right direction

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Ta152H1

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the positive comments - much appreciated

The weathered floor boards are a combo of pastels on top of some light dry brushing. The map was a 'stolen' idea from Lou's build.

Always appreciate any comments and ideas that will keep me going in the right direction

Peter

Print the cover of some mags in 1/32...borrow a 1/35 1911-A1,a pouch or a canteen (the difference in size it's un-noticeable!)...I think I'll put a canteen in my PTO Mustang;can you imagine a pilot flying for hours without anything to quench his thirst?His canteen will be hanging by the edge of the charts holder.§

Cheers

Lou

Wow Peter, this Mustang is getting better and better. It's going to be a shame to close up the fuselage around that great paint job. At least there's a big cockpit opening to look through.

Keep up the awesome work, this thing is really trucking along.

Maybe once you're done with this one, back to the Panther?

Matt :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Hopefully, each day your shoulder is getting better and better - just don't overdo it.

Just knowing it's all in there, makes me smile and will have to do, as a big portion of the front office is hidden from from view once she is closed up (I taped BBD together and took a sneak peak).

After the Mustang I'm finally finishing the Jug, then a new kit and then it's finally back to the Panther. Can't believe you remembered it but for what it cost and the amount of time I put into fixing my colossal mistake, that baby has be be finished.

Thanks

Peter

Hello Peter!

I have just been marvelling at the last three pages of your build! Incredible! I love all those details in the cockpit, and the engine work was nicely done. I shall follow this build with great interest!