Revells New UHU in progress

warthog9

Thanks for posting! Looks great so far, looking forward to getting one for myself :)

Doug

Slowly getting it together, HZ stabs now installed and painted. Tail # and aft cone nav light details finished. 800px-He_219_Rumpf_2.jpg

Edited by RT-14

Never heard of this 'Gaston' who is he?

He "discovered" a previously unknown version of the Zero, which was longer/shorter/whatever than any previously documented version, all by the highly scientific process of lookin' at some photos, no factory drawings needed, just like his comment regards the Revell He 219 nacelles being waaaay too long, no need to check it against some factory drawings or against the real thing, as the employees of Revell have no doubt done, what fools.

Never heard of this 'Gaston' who is he?

I'm assuming he has a reputation for bad mouthing kits...?

Matt

Yeah, he's become a bit of a joke in the modelling community. Most people (should) ignore him now.

Kev

Guest Dekenba

Gaston strikes again...

Gaston Marty

The nacelles are way too long: Wait for the Zoukei-Mura kit which has just come out and is way better...

Wow.

Revell must be really worried & are no doubt recalling all the plans to send to this idiot genius to check.

Sweet, that's one nice looking plane.

Those guys at the Gerber/Smithsonian facility really outdid themselves on this one. I hope it gets completed soon...what a showpeice for the Smithsonian. That paint job is exquisite, and authentic if I know those guys! They're almost as exhuastive in their research as Gaston...almost...

Gaston-100%

Gerber/Smithsonian-94%

He "discovered" a previously unknown version of the Zero, which was longer/shorter/whatever than any previously documented version, all by the highly scientific process of lookin' at some photos, no factory drawings needed, just like his comment regards the Revell He 219 nacelles being waaaay too long, no need to check it against some factory drawings or against the real thing, as the employees of Revell have no doubt done, what fools.

Ah, one of those internet authorities, who create factual knowledge by bold and confident statements?

Not in any way boosting his credentials, which he has none, he did from time to time raise valid questions regarding accuacy of different kits, if only by accident, by means of his proactivity. This however should not incourage one to seek his posts, because majority of those are truely ludicrous.

Back on topic, could someone tell, or see from the parts layout if Revell plans to issue A-O version down the line...

Thanks in advance

Tom

800px-He_219_Rumpf_2.jpg

Completely unrealistic looking I must say...

on the basis it has no wings, or is it the meticulous attention to detail in the restoration?

Happy to say for the kit version David weighed in with some of our stuff to help out in the cockpit (I want one soo bad...)

Peter