1/32 Phantom F-4B VF-84 'Jolly Rogers' *FINISHED IT!!*

kitbasha

Just a liitle work before bedtime. Mounted and sprayed the tub and instrument panels, I used very basic drybrushing and weathering techniques to enhance them a little so that the panels are slightly more visible under the canopies. The RIO's scope was filled with a white decal punched from a solid white decal sheet with a Waldron punch (fantastic tool) and filled with Tamiya clear orange, looks pretty real. I will also use some pre-painted cockpit panels from the Eduard F-4D set in the front cockpit. I'm planning to have the cockpit assembled and fitted by the weekend and start on the wings proper next week.

IMG_0002-6.jpg

Cockpits finished and installed. No major fit problems, the PJ Productions flight crew fitted really well, I wonder if they were designed around the 'Tamiyatoom'? After spraying the area behind the RIO's panels with matt black, I added some dry brushing to bring out the wiring detail and then a few dots of colour and solid decal. Finally, I dry fitted the canopies and frames again to re-check the clearances, on reflection, I think the RIO could have been installed a little higher, on 'in-flight' shots of the real F-4 the RIO seems to sit above the pilot. Just one really annoying problem here, when I removed the clear canopy parts fom the sprue, I was left with small white joint marks which I cannot remove. This is a re-occuring problem with model jet clear parts, and I really thought Tamiya would have done their level best to eliminate it, but they still attached the part to the sprue where there is absolutely no framework so no chance of painting over it!!!! Can anyone suggest a way of making it less visible? You can see it on the left side of the pilots canopy in the photos.

IMG_0003-7.jpg

IMG_0004-6.jpg

IMG_0005-6.jpg

IMG_0006-6.jpg

IMG_0007-3.jpg

IMG_0008-4.jpg

IMG_0009-4.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg