HK B-25....who's building?

Saber

Who else has this active on the bench?

Humidity finally dropped enough to get the pre-shading done on mine.....should be able to shoot some grey today....pecking away on the diorama pieces.

Been enjoying this hobby since the 60's, but this particular kit has certainly raised the bar significantly...close to the end of the work day, I realize that I'm thinking ahead to getting back to it & what the next step is.

Note: As mentioned before, the wings attach by way of 'slide & click'....really takes a fair amount of pressure, but when it snaps in place there is no seam whatsoever.

And the final exhaust pipes (assembly step #30) don't show when the cowl pieces are attached...just sayin'....;)

And, like many others, looking forward to a P-61.....

Happy modeling,

Jim

As soon as the @#$@!ing straffer comes out (and I finish up my fairly straight forward AOOB build) Im pretty sure Ill have one of these OR a FM&P F4D-1 on the bench........

Ive got everything needed (except Elis decals) for the Mitchell.............

Got mine on the table. Slowly working on it as I am kind of waiting to see what else might come out for it , but plan to do it mostly OOB. Have G-Factor gear (most excellent) and the AMS engine update( also very nice). But I'am really waiting to see if we get any more decal options.

Can either of you guys post some progress pictures to show how it's going together? I'm really tempted by the strafer option, but I haven't really seen enough builds to formulate a strong enough opinion about whether it's worth my money.

Thank you

Matt :party0023:

Hey Matt....I'd be glad to post some pix, but I'm an idiot....can't seem to make it happen.....:(

But IMHO, it's well worth the moola.....so much so, I'll be getting another one....

Jim

I have one on the go at the moment... Should be published in Military Illustrated Modeller following aircraft issue.. I just need to paint all the Barrels and and exhausts and shes all done...

Can either of you guys post some progress pictures to show how it's going together? I'm really tempted by the strafer option, but I haven't really seen enough builds to formulate a strong enough opinion about whether it's worth my money.

Thank you

Matt... I would highly recommend this kit! Its been a real joy to build! I am waiting for the Staffer version also and I will go crazy and get a pile of AM for this one... I am Hoping Aires will do a nice resin pit for it!

100.jpg

099.jpg

098.jpg

Dave, that is an amazing build. I look forward to seeing that article soon. I am probably going to wait on the strafing version, since that one has a little more appeal to me, and a full natural metal version seems just up my alley.

Thanks for posting your build, I hope to see some more on here.

Cheers Guys!

Matt, I may post up a couple of finished shots soon! I know what you mean too... I will be getting the Straffer too and doing Lady Lil with Eli's fantastic decals!

They are huge indeed.. Unfortunately, The Duchess will be living in a box till I get a custom made cabinet to fit her in!

Oh... if anyone is going to be doing a gun nose that requires extra 50's and ammo boxes.. Drop me a PM as I didn't use them in my build! Gone!

Edited by moeggo

I have two on the bench and both are in subassemblies.The wings are done as are the engines and the tail sections. The fuselages I will begin soon. Oh and one has that special nose that everyone is waiting for but I have been asked not to post photos until it goes back to the customer:(

Couple of areas to watch out for are the oil cooler intakes, yes they are different from each side and require some sanding and blending into the wing and rescribing. The landing light covers are not flush with the wing surface and this is correct but is a little over done IMHO. The ailerons fit fine but they are of the incorrect type fitted to all B-25's! The kit goes together really well and I have used filler only on one of the oil cooler intakes but no where else in the build so far.

Cheers,

Just another quick question on this.

It looks like the wing is flat, or even has som anhedral.

Is it just the camera, or is the wing actually droopy...

The wing on the B-25 is actually gull-winged, kind of like the PZL.11 fighter. It goes up from the fuselage to the engine nacelles, and then goes flat and slightly down from there. It was to allow the propellors proper clearance of the ground, kind of the reverse of the Corsair.

Cheers Guys!

Matt, I may post up a couple of finished shots soon! I know what you mean too... I will be getting the Straffer too and doing Lady Lil with Eli's fantastic decals!

They are huge indeed.. Unfortunately, The Duchess will be living in a box till I get a custom made cabinet to fit her in!

Thank you! It would be great to see some more photos of this amazing build. You did a great job. I can't wait to see the Strafer. Eli's decals do look so tempting, but I might wait and see what everyone else can offer, I just want to do a NMF Mitchell

You're building your own cabinet? I've been thinking about making a display case, since I'm pretty much out of space in my hobby room. What are you using to make it?