Images of Revell's HE-219

Bill Cross

Revell for me. Simple reason: lots of AM will be developed and fit this kit. Eduard. Aires. Quickboost. ZM won' t be treated to these goodies. It's psychological. I have no problem dropping 200 plus dollars on a kit incl. AM. But for some reason i do have a problem spending this amount on one complete kit.

But maybe that's just me.

That does seem a bit odd, Jeroen. Perhaps one reason is that you want to choose exactly what A/M goes into the box, as oppossed to the factory setting. PCM kits sure do seem complete to me though. I think we are going to see lots of A/M stuff over time to fit all the new-ish RoG kits, which is a great thing.

It's psychological. I have no problem dropping 200 plus dollars on a kit incl. AM. But for some reason i do have a problem spending this amount on one complete kit.

I agree with Ron in that it seems strange..................I can spend that on a kit like the FM&P SkyRay (or will at least) because I know its got everything I need, and there is about 0% chance any AM companys are going to chase a kit like that...........no need.

BUT............

I do have a very hard time spending that on a kit from Trumpy, or Has............Tamiya may be the only exception there for me.

So no Jeroen, I dont think your alone there actually.

Edited by Out2gtcha

".

They have really nailed it in terms of the value-detail trade off, judging by the He111, Ju88 & Ar196 kits.

I think those kits are an absolute bargain. "

You have got it In one, the Revell kits are produced at a price few can touch, it allows you purchase a kit at a price which will drive sales and although it might be not as detailed as some of the more expensive kits, it isn't far behind them at all.... This does then allow you the choice of building out of the box a superb model, or if you desire adding the myriad of third party add ones that you know will be produced for it.... The price alone will ensure the kit is a big seller and widely sold and that will drive the market for third party add ons... More so than the more expensive but fewer sold versions.... Third party companies are never going to tool up for kits where they will not get much return on their investments.

Edited by TonyT

All good news.

Today I visited my local hobby shop. ZM Skyraider was sitting there. 220 euro's. I eyeballed it and walked on. No way in hell.

Then I stopped and thought: How much have I spent on my Tamiya spit? 100 euro's on the kit. 60 on Eduard PE sets. 25 on Barracuda resin. 20 on masks. 10 on metal barrels. Etc.. etc..

And this is exactly what I mean. In the end I spend the same. But spending 220 euro's on one kit on one afternoon (without the joy of selecting and collecting my own AM) is too much.

Strange? Maybe. But my wallet stays in my back pocket.

Cheers,

Jeroen

PS. ZM kits need extra detail in my opinion. Seatbelts. IP. Masks.

In the end I spend the same. But spending 220 euro's on one kit on one afternoon (without the joy of selecting and collecting my own AM) is too much.

For me it's a case of not being able to afford that all at once. I can spend years collecting aftermarket for a kit, often picking up bargains along the way, and that's much easier to do (and rationalise) than taking that hit all at once.

Kev

Jeroen have you seen the price of Revell in Japan?

You would have the same thought process should you see a Revell kit when walking around Tokyo you would walk away shaking your head saying no way.

The ZM kit will have all the stuff you buy from Aires with basically zero of the fit issues Aires are well known for.

As for seatbelts the Revell kit has the same problem plus its missing engines/gunbays etc if detailing is what you want.

Given like Tamiya Zm's main market is Japan and they get cream from overseas sales they will have a winner on sale when it is released locally compared to how expensive the Revell kit will be there.

I will buy both but it will not be the Revell one i superdetail as im sick of wasting hours of my life on poor fitting expensive resin.

If its anything like the Spad or Ta-152 i'll be ordering several..

Guest Dekenba

For me it's a case of not being able to afford that all at once. I can spend years collecting aftermarket for a kit, often picking up bargains along the way, and that's much easier to do (and rationalise) than taking that hit all at once.

Kev

That's exactly what makes it a hobby! Investing time & money on a kit, making it unique to you - I find researching & buying the after-market stuff just as much fun as building the kit.

I think you get more excitement & enjoyment for your money as a result as the process is spread over a much longer period.

Buying an all-in-one kit, stuffed to the gunnel's with PE, resin, etc, just seems a little too fast, easy & - well, less fun.

Revell for me. Simple reason: lots of AM will be developed and fit this kit. Eduard. Aires. Quickboost. ZM won' t be treated to these goodies. It's psychological. I have no problem dropping 200 plus dollars on a kit incl. AM. But for some reason i do have a problem spending this amount on one complete kit.

My point of view........like Jeroen said, i also have no problem to spend some money on a certain kit......but...............

Two weeks ago i've seen a ZM Skyraider in my local hobby shop.....price tag 259€ or 319$ for only........plastic and a ZM PE aftermarket set for 49€ or 60$ manufactured by Eduard :o wow.

My Big Ed set for my Italeri F-86 Sabre costed about 50€ so.............

Offcourse, that's my point of view about a certain kit, i'm not breaking this kit down, surely not, and everyone will spent theire own money in theire own point of view for these kits.

Iff this will be the same with theire HE-219 kit most of the people will chose for the Revell option.....iff it will be the same quality of theire previous kits.

One thing is for sure........for us 1/32 guy's it's fun fun fun for sure.....so much kit's to chose from and everyone can spent theire own money at theire own choice, isn't modeling life great these day's :m0152:

Greetz

Danny

Kev

I'm in the same camp here. A few years ago, I grabbed a 1:32 Hasegawa Fw 190F-8, two years ago I bought a resin tub, wheel wells and tires for it. I just recently grabbed the Quickboost exhausts, and today ordered the Master MG 131 barrels. Later (before early September), I'll probably buy some resin bombs for it, and most of the decals I already have, or will make. It's a lot easier for me to spread the buying over a longer period than to take a massive hit all at once.

This way, I get what AM I want, and not whatever someone has dumped into the box, that I have to pay for, but may have no interest in, or use for.

I tried to do a search of the forums to see if these photos have already turned up, so feel free to delete this thread if they have, but hereare some images of the built HE-219.

he_219_1.jpg

I don't want to create the appearance of trolling this forum on behalf of another, but thought y'all would enjoy seeing the various shots associated with that link.

Hey Bill, Just got back from the Smithsonian and saw this: Pretty cool that you can just walk up and peer into the cockpit.

The guys had the AR-234 and DO-335 open for inspection, and so, since I had a working relation with them.....

(I used to build 1/1 scale aircraft replicas; Roscoe Turners RT-14 for example where I had first met the guys from the Smith and Gerber facilities when they removed all the panels for us to view the inner workings and structural details of the real RT-14 "MISS CHAMPION" for photos to assist us in our build; a flying replica complete w/Pratt & Witney Twin Wasp R-1830 radial, for airshows...and because I have done some WWII aircraft restoration projects...

.....I got to sit in both cockpits. (AR & DO but no flash pix were allowed). German ingenuity and design never fails to amaze me! Very comfortable layouts and designed for long recc flights (AR) with the pilot in mind.

71814036.9YpWq3uc.jpg

Edited by RT-14