Revell P-51D

xmh53wrench

Well Louie I guess getting you a new mustang model for Christmas is pointless! :frantic: :rofl: Sheesh now we all know why Sprue Brothers is always out of mustang models!

Seriously,

Really nice collection man, you are definitely driven!

I'm kind of surprised you don't have a a giant model of a Super Jolly in the house though? Not a Pave Low in sight?

All the best,

Paul

:evil_laugh:

IMAG2293.jpg

Very long term project....MH-53J Pave Low III, circ 1986, my bird from Hurlburt Fld 20th Special Ops Squadron. Displayed in full power take off attitude, but left side of fuselage will be removeable......

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

....hmmmmm does it count when you hi-jack your own thread :hmmm:

oh, and all "good-great" buys from that damn auction site.....I am el-cheap-o. (but I am pretty sure I am solely responsible for the Revellstangs now trying to fetch 50+ bucks....sheeshhhh, dont they know everybody hates those kits!)

Very Nice work on the Pave Louie! I had a feeling you'd have at least a mahogany model from the PI or something if not at least one nice Pave in progress. You didn't disappoint! Man wouldn't it be nice to have one in 32nd? Huge but hugely wonderful!

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Louie

Nothing finer then a P-51 Man! Of course, there were a few other Merlin packed models in the stash, so you need to come clean and admit there is also a deep fondness for the RR power. Noting finer then the sweet sounds of a Merlin overhead.

A few Skorsky's mixed in for spice of life is just fine in my book. Also noticed a bit of motor sports in the stash as well ... nice to be well rounded.... but where do you find the time?

Paul, a 1/32 would be amazing!!!!! I remeber drooling over the numerous mahogany ones I saw in the pilot offices of the 20th SOS, never got one though, and never made it to the PI......(probably a very very very good thing too... :rofl: )

MARU5137, I had started that H-53 helicopter back in February of last year. I take it out on occasion and do a tiny bit on it, then put it safely away back in its box. Its a pretty big kit for only being 1/48. And all these Mustangs just have my attention right now. I have all my H-53 kits all planned out, the 1/72 scale will be a Viet Nam era HH-53C Air Rescue bird, the second 1/48 kit will be converted to the prototype Pave Low helicopter "Black Knight" all black paint scheme from the 70's, and the third kit I just decided a few days ago as (i believe) the only civilian H-53 (S-65) to have been flown.....I found it during a Google search, and DAMN, ITS A GORGEOUS BIRD, and I think will make a great model subject.....decide for yourself.....

7_1LBA_01.jpg

isnt that just a thing of beauty!!!!

And here is the Black Knight...

yhh-53h66-14433blackknight.jpg

Peter, yes I do have a "thing" for the V powerplants, guess its only natural for me being first and foremost a grease monkey. Allison, Merlin, Griffon, doesnt matter to me as long as it resembles a "real" engine.....lol. As far as finding the time, thank goodness for an understanding Mrs XMH53wrench, a house thats not falling down too awefully fast, oh and a character flaw called tunnel vision. :blink:

Now as far as the actual subject of this thread, I am really hoping by this weekend to have the radiator area finished up and the fuselage and wings buttoned up. I may have scored a fillet-less tail and may graft it on vs. removing the existing fillet. We will see.

Edited by xmh53wrench

Guest Peterpools

Louie

Nothing better and more important then a supportive and understanding wife. After all, they are the Captains of our Teams

Hang on!!!! Where'd THAT come from????

I tell you Louie, you've got more models than I have - and I'm a retailer !! I thought about sending you a Zoukie-Mura P-51 but I can see that's pretty pointless now, you've obviously got more than you need. :).

Love the Pave Low by the way. Are you going to post a separate thread for this Heeeleecop'terr ?

Grant.

• 5 weeks later...

Hang on!!!! Where'd THAT come from????

I tell you Louie, you've got more models than I have - and I'm a retailer !! I thought about sending you a Zoukie-Mura P-51 but I can see that's pretty pointless now, you've obviously got more than you need. :).

Love the Pave Low by the way. Are you going to post a separate thread for this Heeeleecop'terr ?

Grant.

LOL Grant, well a ZM Mustang will make it to my stash one of these days, and I promise you that is a purchase I will gladly make from you. That is an incredible kit!!! And hopefully next spring I will dig out the Pave Low again and finish it up...I really want that on my shelf.

Louie, Are you still on your sabbatical .. Cuz I am getting a tad hungry. So which project are you on right now. :frantic: :frantic:

Ya, I am. So this will have to do to appease your appetite, this is my current project.....a MUST finish by the end of this summer, painted, wired, upholstered, wide white walls and on the road by August 2013....lest I suffer the wrath. (its been my garage project since Sept 2009, its time....)

IMAG0674_zps2e450eae.jpg

...sorry so off topic.

• 3 weeks later...
Hell's Teeth Louie !! That's an incredible Diorama! very, very convincing. Nice little ride there !!

HAHA Grant, ya it was hell building 1/24 scale "junk" for the background, and a real pain getting those teeny tiny florescent shop lights to give off the right amount of light......lol

Thanks MARU5137!! :)