Rick Griewski

A Very Sad Day - Passing of Dr. Charles Metz

I will miss Charles! I first exchanged correspondence with him in 1996 when I made his acquaintance on alt.rec.models.scale. He was a very erudite man and a true font of knowledge.

Radu

Oh my god! I should not have checked this forum today... In spite of the fact I never had the luck to meet him, I've the feeling I've lost a fellow modeller. Our small modelling world will never be the same without him.

Rest in peace Charles.

I was saddened to hear the news of Dr. Metz' passing. He always had a kind word for me and he will be missed. Making it especially painful was hearing the cause. Several months ago, my wife Susanna, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We have been through a very difficult time so far and can certainly empathize with the Metz family.

Pancreatic cancer gets virtually no government research money yet is one of the leading cancer killers. My wife is in an experimental program as well and I hope that someday we have some answers.

Rest in peace Charles

I was saddened to hear the news of Dr. Metz' passing. He always had a kind word for me and he will be missed. Making it especially painful was hearing the cause. Several months ago, my wife Susanna, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We have been through a very difficult time so far and can certainly empathize with the Metz family.

Pancreatic cancer gets virtually no government research money yet is one of the leading cancer killers. My wife is in an experimental program as well and I hope that someday we have some answers.

Rest in peace Charles

Matt, hang in there, the both of you.......

Edited by Jack

Strength to your wife, and patience to you Matt...

Our immediate family is also on this path. While the journey is different for everyone, I can honestly say that I know what you're going through, because I've run the full gamut of emotions in the last few months.

And isn't the sunrise beautiful each day?

Steve.

And isn't the sunrise beautiful each day?

Steve.

Steve....you just said it....

Like everyone else I was saddened and shocked to hear about Charles. I cannot count the times that he has helped me with info, as well as web sites for further information on projects that I was working on.

I willl also miss his sense of humor, he had a grand way of making you laugh at yourself when you had said somthing stupid on the forums.

My prayers and hopes go out to Charles's familly members and loved ones. My father passed away not to long ago from prostate cancer, and it is a extreamly hard thing for the person suffering with cancer to deal with as well as their famillies. Im sure that Charles faced up to everything like he allways did, with dignity. God Speed Charles you will be missed........Neal

Sad, sad news.

I didn't know Dr Metz but his presence on this forum was, it seemed to me, akin to an esteemed elder statesman; one simply doesn't earn that aura without merit.

My condolences go out to his family and his close friends.

Grant.

Edited by Obant

This is so very sad. He was a great man and he will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

James

Having lost a dear family member to pancreatic cancer and being in the process of losing my mother to cancer, i can only add my sympathies to his loved one and hope that he is now in a better place. !

Such a loss really

Vincent

Edited by Vincent/MDC

Another deep blow. Very hard to keep losing such fine people as we have on this site. Charles was one of the finest.

A sad day.

Jon