A Very Sad Day - Passing of Dr. Charles Metz

Did he actually build any kits, would be nice to show them, though i can't remember seeing any in the past.

Charles was, as others stated, a magnificent fountain of knowledge in many areas and he will be truly missed by many...

From what I understand, it was WW2 aircraft, with a special interest in Luftwaffe types. I suppose he was like a lot of us in that respect, and it helps to explain why his presence and wisdom resonated so strongly here at LSP.

Kev

Thanks Kev - that now gives me some ideas.

Derek

Did he actually build any kits, would be nice to show them, though i can't remember seeing any in the past.

He certainly did Jack, though I don't think he completed one for many years. I have it on good authority that he was toying with both the Dragon Bf 110 kit and the Hobby Boss Il-2 not so long ago. In the meantime, here's the only sample of one of his models I could find:

A6M2-N Rufe

There are others lurking on the forum somewhere, but tracking them down is a challenge. Charlie never did a build thread, nor did he post anything in RFI; all examples of his work are like the one above: intertwined with other threads, and used as examples to illustrate one of his explanations.

Kev

Charles was, as others stated, a magnificent fountain of knowledge in many areas and he will be truly missed by many...

It seems to me that in one of the "show me your hobby room" type articles, he had a couple of models underway.

Wow. Very sad indeed. I was not aware he had cancer. The man graciously answered a few questions I posted just recently. My condolences to his family. Godspeed.

So very, very sad.

Those of us that have been touched by this dreadful disease will understand what his family are going through.

R I P, Charles.

Phil

I first read about Charles' passing on HS and that left me absolutely speachless.I'm posting my condolences to his family here hoping that at least for today members will refrain from "guessing the model"...I don't even feel like smiling...let alone thinking about the hobby!

Godspeed Charles!

Lou

I think we are all taking this news rather hard Lou but trust me in saying that I believe that is the last thing Charles would want to see happen with this news. I am 100% positive he would want us to continue with the guessing game and engage in our hobby with vigor.

Kev, the update on the main page regarded the passing of Charles is very well worded. Nicely done.

Ron

He certainly did Jack, though I don't think he completed one for many years. I have it on good authority that he was toying with both the Dragon Bf 110 kit and the Hobby Boss Il-2 not so long ago. In the meantime, here's the only sample of one of his models I could find:

A6M2-N Rufe

There are others lurking on the forum somewhere, but tracking them down is a challenge. Charlie never did a build thread, nor did he post anything in RFI; all examples of his work are like the one above: intertwined with other threads, and used as examples to illustrate one of his explanations.

Kev

I also remember he posted pictures of his Ju-87B on the one or other occasion.