Guest Martinnfb

SLOVAKIAN EMIL (Eda., 1/32)

Guest Martinnfb

As the title sais.

I was a little puzzled about the glaring imperfections that the guys from Eduard have made with this otherwise well researched subject, Almost ready to sell it or purposely canibalised the worthy parts I find out about this GB, Let us give Eduard a second chance and take this masochistic jurney to modelers Valhalla, or else :) :whistle:

And the colours of my homeland are a necesarry addition provided by HR model :punk:

with the help of my friends....

109001.jpg

109002.jpg

109003.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Martinnfb

I like the smell of putty in morning, afternoon, evening........tomorrow ....day after and so on... :deadhorse: 109.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Nice work Martin, especially on that seat! Why the reduction in fuselage length? I haven't heard about any issues in that regard with the Eduard kit.

Oh, Happy Birthday by the way!

Kev

Guest Martinnfb

Thank you Kevin. The reduction of the second segment of the fuselage is needed. I am no 109-expert, however this discrepancy offsets the tail, wich is also quite off. The angle of the vertical leading edge and thickness of it are wrong. I am not trying to chase millimeters just the shape preception given by scale. Unfortunaltely there is a whole list of errors . I will be playing with the major problems so it may perhaps help to somebody who has this kit in the stash. Also I would apreciate any help or advice in case that I missed something.

He he I just realized, I am one day older in Australia :),,,, THANKS! :)

A quick question: Is it OK to, use sqared canopy from my stash, or do I have to fabricate a new one?,,, the kit has E1 style canopy, and the finished product plays role of E 4-7.1-Bf-109E3-13.JG52(Slovak)-(+10)-Slovakia-1942-01.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Martinnfb

Thanks guys. Some more work on seat.

109001-1.jpg

Martin- That seat cushion looks fantastic, I love it!

I have this kit in the stash too, and was also unaware of the fuselage length shortcomings. I will be watching this one closely!

Guest Martinnfb

Thank You Frank,.... there is a little advantage on my side, photographic memory and the real Emil is just across the border at the Heritage Aviation museum of Mr.Paul Allen in Everett. So last weekend I took a trip in order to spend hours by scanning the shape, picking up the magic of the real thing. :) However I am not planning to go crazy, just to snap it together and then a "pretty" paint job on top of it.

Cheers

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Martinnfb

Thanks Derek, here is a group of few lousy pictures. I am tired of it, so let the yellow arrows talk... :mental:

109004-vert.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Martinnfb

Thanks Kev, it feels like eternity. No matter what part of this model I touch it's incorrect, or almost correct. cooler housing for example

109-1.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Great job in correcting Eduard´s mystakes :clap2:

By the way, from all photos of Bf 109 E which I know, the square cut on the underwing cooler flaps should be only on the right flap. Left flap was smooth.

Maybe you can check som photos on the net for sure.

Edited by Pufo

Guest Martinnfb

Thanks Maru :)

Thanks Pufo, you are absolutely right I checked my reference pictures and after a brief consultation with my advisor here is the result :

109006.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb