Airfix 1/24 Mustang IV

xmh53wrench

Thanks a bunch folks.  I really do like the shade of the RAF Dk Green vs. USAAF version.  I didnt have enough of the RAF color so I based it with the USAAF color....blech.  After spraying this color, much better.  Still wish the bottom was a bit lighter, but I didnt want to stray from what was in the jar.  I really like the Sky spinner and the tail band should really look good back there as well.  I think it will compliment my other builds and planned builds as well.

I contemplated a matte black glare shield and canopy frame....but I just dont think that color glare shield was in vogue just yet.

Still trying to figure out which roundels to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking fine!

Congrats,

Jamme

Thank you very much!

Calling on the British Buffs!!  I have two sets of roundels one set the red is brighter than the other (the other being more of a brick color)  Which one is correct???  TIA.

Anybody????  Tonight I may start setting some decals, and hoping not to put the wrong ones on.  TIA

Edited by xmh53wrench

Louie..Louie.....EXEMPLARY modeling. ...

You :punk:

Wow, thats a big word for me  :rofl:!  I am very humbled, as I know you have seen probably thousands of models....but I know secretly you are just happy to see some British Roundels in my stable of Mustangs :whistle:

That's looking great Lou!

Kev

Thanks so very much Kev, couldnt have done it without your site!

Looking good !

Thanks man, I am really trying hard on this one....

Looks fast just standing still!

Cheers, Tom

I totally agree, and thats what I was going for.  I am really liking this scheme, kind of a shame it wasnt the real deal.  I looked up Squadron Codes last night and saw there wasnt much info on PQ, so it worked with what I had in the decal stash.  Seems there was possibly of a Spitfire training squadron that had that code, so I figured what better than maybe some sort of imaginary airborne evaluation or "eye in the sky" duties that my WIF Mustang could have had.  Almost worthy of some nose art in that vein....hmmm :wicked:   I am really looking forward to the dullcoat, I think the utilitarian look will be back and compliment the go fast this color combo has.

Thanks a bunch Brian.

Quickly becoming my fav build so far, hopefully the good fortune and fun continues.  I love the painting part, but man, does the process stress me out, hoping nothing goes south during the layers of paint.  So far so good.  I am really digging the sheen, and the decals arent too aweful bad, so thanks to all that have posted their little tricks here.....

CAM02368_zps3d803e32.jpg

CAM02369_zps9bdc310a.jpg

CAM02374_zps7d1b90cb.jpg

Kinda wishing though, that I wouldve looked at those fuselage roundels a bit closer prior to putting them on, the yellow is not very crisp, and in the stash I have a better set......doh!!!

Edited by xmh53wrench