Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

So I have a couple of kits to choose from for joining this GB but have a quick question which could narrow it down further.

Scratch building and kit bashing have been given the all clear but what about substitution? I have a kit I'd like to enter but it comes with a coil of stiff wire to build some long straight piping on the external tanks. I would like to sub in some straight rod instead so that it's at least straight. Would that be allowed?

If not, I'll go with one of my other options.

Carl

Correct me if I am wrong, guys....

Sounds OK to me.

I think the general gist is no ."Aftermarket parts" (ie: tires, engines, interiors, ect.) but buying "raw" materials to scratch build or improve on the build is perfectly allowable.

The only AM exceptions as stated earlier are seat belts, and decal sets (to include instrument panel decals)

Hope that helps....

To back what Lou said up here Carl, I think youd be just fine in this situation. I think the goal here (unless Kev or one of the guys corrects me here) is that scratch building and the "raw" materials used for it, IE, tubing, sheet syrene, wire for piping, rod, EZ line for rigging, ect, ect, are fine.

Only the commercially purchased additions that are complete parts themselves, are not really allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the generousity of Iain (LSP member 32SIG) I now have this kit:

1005-1.jpg

I am tempted to make it into one of the V1 to V4 variants (tail draggers - or maybe even the V1 version with only the prop engine or even three engines?). The V3 was the first to fly on jet power alone and had quite a chequred career...I can't really decide, what do you think? (and more imprtantly is it allowed? - obviously, everything will have to be scratch built).

Derek

[..] and more imprtantly is it allowed?

Well, this is clearly at the limits of the parameters of this GB, but I'd really like to see this done, and in the spirit of participation trumping rules, I'm prepared to let it through. That way I can follow your lead!

Kev

Well, this is clearly at the limits of the parameters of this GB, but I'd really like to see this done, and in the spirit of participation trumping rules, I'm prepared to let it through. That way I can follow your lead!

Kev

:D

OK, make it so number one...

Thanks

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to join this GB. It will be my first build on this forum, but it seems like a perfect way to get started :)

I have quite a few LSP's and have thought long and hard about what to build, but I found that I have surprisingly few options from them due to already purchased AM stuff. So I have finally decided to jump in with a Revell 190 Dora if that's ok?

Jen.

Edited by desmojen

I'd like to join this GB. It will be my first build on this forum, but it seems like a perfect way to get started :)

I have quite a few LSP's and have thought long and hard about what to build, but I found that I have surprisingly few options from them due to already purchased AM stuff. So I have finally decided to jump in with a Revell 190 Dora if that's ok?

Jen.

Hi Jen,

I'd love to see your Dora, and knowing your skill at modelling, it is sure to be fantastic (definitely better than anything that I am making, that's for sure).

Cheers

Derek

So I have finally decided to jump in with a Revell 190 Dora if that's ok?

Perfect Jen! Definitely, we would love to see your Dora..............the more the merrier. The GBs here about just that........participation and fun. :D

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...