Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Is simple rigging i.e.. EZ line or fishing line okay?

Yep! While it might seem that a commercial product like EZ Line might be outside the GB parameters, you can't really treat it the same way as aftermarket resin or PE sets. It's more like a raw material, much like sheet styrene and the like.

Kev

When can we start the topic? ;)

Right now!

Yes guys, I just flicked the switch, so start firing up those build threads!

I'm really pleased with the positive vibe that has grown around this Group Build, so I hope to see a lot of build threads, and even better, a lot of finished models!

Kev

Well folks here is the kick-off. Very glad to be a part of this GB not only as a participant, but as my maiden assignment as one of the moderators. I have high hopes for this GB, as it is right up my building style and I have accumulated more Mustangs and Spitfires to add to my collection. At present I have 7 kits in my build cue and I am sure I can accomplish them all and maybe a few more given the 12 month timeframe.

My Cue....

1/24 Airfix P-51D-5NA Mustang NMF, 334th FS, Lt Robert Dickmeyer "Jan" 44-13956 circ. July 1944

1/24 Airfix Spitfire MKI

1/32 Revell P-51D Chuck Lyford "Bardahl Special" Reno Air Racer N2869D circ. 1965

1/32 Revell P-51D-25-NA Mustang NMF, 334th FS, Lt. M. Arthur "Blondie" 44-73304 (Don Allen was Crew Chief and painted nose art)

or possibly something else with a bit more O.D, on it

1/32 Revell Mustang II RAF colours, markings and Malcolm Hood

(2) 1/32 Revell Spitfire MKI

Good luck guys, HAPPY A-OOB BUILDING!!!!

Wrench,

Can you do one of the 1/24 Airfix kits please?

Thinking about getting one or two, but would like to know if they're worth it.

Would like another choice from 1/24.

I like the Trumpeter that I am working on, but I got that in a trade -- they are usually out of budget range.

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

Wrench,

Can you do one of the 1/24 Airfix kits please?

Thinking about getting one or two, but would like to know if they're worth it.

Would like another choice from 1/24.

I like the Trumpeter that I am working on, but I got that in a trade -- they are usually out of budget range.

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, I hope to do both of my Airfix 1/24 kits. Both the P-51D (that I have already posted up as "Jan") and my Spitfire MKI that I am leaning towards an early camo, and hoping to find photographic evidence to show an underside scheme of Sky with 1 Night wing. My Galloping Ghost was an Airfix kit as well, I have liked them thus far, although they dont just "fall" together, and need a bit of finessing, and the older kit's plastic was very very brittle.

G'Day folks,

I'm planning on joining in, I'm thinking of doing a Trumpy P-47 Bubbletop but I have a couple of questions;

1. Is it heavy enough to need metal gear?

2. Is it legal to use replacement l/g or will I be forced to lift my fingernails with bamboo slivers if I use them?

Shane

p.s. Yes, I pushed the big green button.

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword

I would say, as to your questions..........

G'Day folks,

I'm planning on joining in, I'm thinking of doing a Trumpy P-47 Bubbletop but I have a couple of questions;

1. Is it heavy enough to need metal gear?

No. Its a great kit, and the OOB gear work really great. Besides the SAC option is just a copy of the OOB gear in soft metal, with less crisp details; dont bother. (not sure if G-Factor make an option here)

2. Is it legal to use replacement l/g or will I be forced to lift my fingernails with bamboo slivers if I use them?

Not sure it it quite goes to the fingernail lifting zone, but its definitely in that AM / not allowed catagory. Dont worry, you wont need them anyway, the Has bubble top is a great kit OOB IMHO.

Shane

p.s. Yes, I pushed the big green button.

Edited by Out2gtcha

So I have a couple of kits to choose from for joining this GB but have a quick question which could narrow it down further.

Scratch building and kit bashing have been given the all clear but what about substitution? I have a kit I'd like to enter but it comes with a coil of stiff wire to build some long straight piping on the external tanks. I would like to sub in some straight rod instead so that it's at least straight. Would that be allowed?

If not, I'll go with one of my other options.

Carl