Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109G-6/R6 Finished 10/20/13

Daywalker

• 3 months later...

Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but since the very first day I finished painting it I have not been happy with it. You know that feeling that it will work, but you just cannot fall in love with the work you have done? Well, that was the feeling all along with this one. I have gone back and forth trying to decide to press on, or strip it down and start over. Well, tonight I was working on weathering the bottom of the model when it slipped from my hands and landed with a "SMACK!!!" onto the edge of an opened desk drawer. Broke the wing clean off! Luckily, the 109 had separate wings so there is a natural joint there, and the join is what broke cleanly. Good news is, now I no longer have to decide whether to start over or not! The decision is made, I can easily repair the damage but the paintjob will need to be sorted out again. If I loved the look of it, I might have tried to repair it. But, since I have not liked it much from the start, now is my chance to do it over again. Honestly, I am a bit relieved it happened!

002-5.jpg

Thanks Mark! Found two schemes I really like, one in winter distemper and the other a three tone gray from JG.53. I was a bit limited in choice of markings due to the cannon gondolas, and I had to gently pull the canopy center section off last night to install the head armor. The night fighters tend not to have the armor plating, and I was really hoping I could remove that canopy without destroying it. Success!

Frank, I think some times I end up painting things twice ( or more) till I like it, and you now have a chance like you said to reccover from your "Oh $#!^ moment" and do what you want with it.

Looking forward to the new paint job, althought I really liked the night fighter one too.

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

Guest Ta152H1

Many thanks fellas, I must admit, I am getting pretty good at painting, stripping, and repainting. Maybe I ought to look for a career in aircraft restorations? :hmmm:

...or as make-up artist!Painting....stripping...repainting......you're talking about our GFs and "other halves" here,ain't you? :innocent:

Hey Mike, good to see you! 'Bout time you took a break from those bipes and did a 109 for old time's sake!

...or as make-up artist!Painting....stripping...repainting......you're talking about our GFs and "other halves" here,ain't you? :innocent:

:rofl: