Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109G-6/R6 Finished 10/20/13

Daywalker

Guest Peterpools

Frank

Sure hoping this is the winning round for you! Looking forward to the next set of build photos.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the delay in progress reports, I have been spending more time building and less time on the boards. I was finally able to get my photo booth set up again, so I quick snapped some photos to show where I am with this one.

we are now on paint scheme #3, and I think this time it will work out! Not sure how I know, just have that feeling I guess. I have changed gears on the markings, this time opting for Hans Langer's "white 12" gunboat from II./JG 51 using new EagleCals decals from sheet no. 32-132. Here's what I am shooting for (the second one down):

erich-hartmann-bf-109-g-6.jpg

So far, I have again stripped the paint, and re-masked all of the bits which needed it. Fuselage stripe, wing tips, and rudder were painted white while the lower nose was painted yellow. Next up, a custom mixed RLM 76 was sprayed on along with a clear coat. My next order of business is painting the RLM 74 and 75, hopefully tomorrow!

009-1.jpg

Thanks for looking in, I'll try to be better about updates- sorry! I really want to get this one (as well as the other two) finished so I can get back to that Tamiya Corsair. What an amazing kit that one is turning out to be!

Man u have a long way on this one...too bad about that red 6..one of my favorite schemes..

Thanks mate, really getting my money's worth outta this kit! Three schemes in one, wish I could say this is a first for me but sadly it isn't. I really liked the red 6 scheme too, maybe someday I'll try that one again.

Great lookin stuff Frank!

Really hope this one works out. I know you've gone through several iterations of this, but personally I liked em all! I know how it is to be the maker as youre always your own worst critic.

Looks great regardless. :)

Cheers

Great lookin stuff Frank!

Really hope this one works out. I know you've gone through several iterations of this, but personally I liked em all! I know how it is to be the maker as youre always your own worst critic.

Looks great regardless. :)

Cheers

Thanks Brian! Yep, we are our own worst critics, aren't we? I suppose I can live that, as it seems to help push us all to do better with each build. Thanks for looking in mate!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple photos of my progress on this one...

I had first painted the RLM 74 and 75 with Gunze acrylics, but had a horrible time getting them to pay down properly. I used to use these almost exclusively (until a few years back when they were impossible to get, then I switched to Tamiya) and I don't know if I had the thinning ratios incorrect, or if the bottles have gone bad (they are a few years old). At any rate, I decided to mix some Tamiya acrylics to paint over them. My first attempt went badly, as the mixes looked pretty good at first but dried to very different shades. The 74 was more like a dark green, and the 75 was a light, reddish grey. I was beginning to think I would never get it close! But, I really wanted this one to work so I tried again. Success! I am very happy with the colors now, and she finally looks like a 109 I want to push on with. Decals went on today, and they performed VERY well. They are newer edition Eagle Cals, and their switch to Cartograph printing makes a world of difference. Next up, another clear coat then some weathering- stay tuned!

002-9.jpg

001-10.jpg

Cheers Martin, thanks for looking in!

Very cool, :m0152: not as much as the JG 27 , :innocent: oh well maybe next time ( in round 5) :punk:

Cheers

M.

Round 5??? I sure hope it doesn't come to that, I rather like this JG 51 scheme!