Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109G-6/R6 Finished 10/20/13

Daywalker

Very nice DW! Hate to hear that there can be some issues with the Eagle Edition decals, I really like a lot of the subjects they are putting out.

Henry

Thank you Henry! I am a bit concerned about using more of the sheets I have, as I have had issues with the three I have used thus far.

I echo the sentiments of others on your paint work, it looks marvelous. I'm surprised to learn that you had difficulty with the EagleCals- I've built some two dozen models with EagleCals and they consistently perform as well or better than any other brand I've used. I know you already bought some more Owl Decals, another brand I've had good experiences with, but I hope you'll write to Eagle Editions about your recent experience and see what Jerry & Judy have to say about it.

I emailed EE, and to their credit they apologized profusely for the problem and sent me a new sheet free of charge. They arrived today, as did the Owl Decals sheet for the same aircraft. I opted to go for the Owl Decals as they looked better on the sheet.

Looking good, what RLM colors are you using for the camo? I like these JG 300 Nachtjagd birds, but their schemes can be a bit challenging. I've been looking at Stamp's Yellow 17 for awhile, I'm thinking the uppersurface camo was left unchanged for wings and tail planes, with a 75 overspray on the fuselage, maybe a 74 mottle?

Thank you, I used home brew Tamiya paints for the RLM 76 and 74, custom mixed to approximate the correct colors. For the RLM 75 (which I have never been able to reproduce) I used Gunze paints. I would also like to do yellow "17", these Nachtjager aircraft have some incredibly detailed and interesting paint schemes.

Use stencils! Bummer about the decals.

Love that scheme and your airbrush work.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark, much appreciated! If I had been thinking clearly, I would have contacted Ian at AdAstra for some masks, but in my diminished mental capacity I completely forgot!

I applied the Owl Decals today, and they went on beautifully! The red "6" is a slightly different font than the EE set, but since I do not have actual photos of this aircraft I didn't worry about it TOO much! Looking at the model now, I can see I need to redo the spinner as the red thee is way too dark to match the six. I will assume that both were painted at the same time?

Anyway, here's a couple of photos to show her with the stickers decals on!

001-5.jpg

002-4.jpg

Thank you fellas!

I cleaned up the decal residue this evening, and masked off and resprayed the red spinner section to better match the number 6. Wish I had taken a photo of it before to compare, but it looks much better to me now! I'll post up some photos tomorrow after my camera battery has recharged.

Wow..............looking quite stellar man. Very unusual looking subject, and very cool too.

The only thing I did notice was that as it is a super cool looking night scheme, the newly applied stickers decals seem to stand out quite dramatically vs the subdued appearance of the rest of the scheme.

Are you toning those down, or did they leave them bright?

Really does look great either way

Dynamic.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark!

Wow..............looking quite stellar man. Very unusual looking subject, and very cool too.

The only thing I did notice was that as it is a super cool looking night scheme, the newly applied stickers decals seem to stand out quite dramatically vs the subdued appearance of the rest of the scheme.

Are you toning those down, or did they leave them bright?

Really does look great either way

Thanks Brian! I do agree with you, they do look too bright against the airframe. I have always been a fan of the more subdued 109 schemes, and choose those over others for that reason. I have been unable so far to find any actual photos of this particular airframe, so I don't really know if the markings were blended in with the paint or simply sprayed over the top. But, I am planning to do a lot more with the airbrush as I agree with you that it looks too stark the way she is.

Thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it!

Love the scheme and the finish you've got so far - ace!! :)

Iain

Thanks lain, I do appreciate that!

Pics+or+it+Didn_t+Happen.jpg

Great photo, loved it! No photos tonight, pwer is out here from a bad storm and I am posting from my phone. Bollocks!

Sheez, how in the heck did I miss this one? Great stuff, Frank! I think I was the one who bought the Owl decals from you too! Doh!

Thanks Mike! Yes, I did sell those decals to you! Guess I should have hung onto them LOL. Rest assured that the Owl Decals perform flawlessly though!