Trumpy P-61 and A-1 test shots

Tony T

Just seen them on IPMS Philippines site - apologies for not providing the link. Use the A-6 announcement thread if you don't know where to look.

P-61 looks very impressive!

Tony T

http://ipmsphilippin...1a-black-widow/

Two things jumped right out at me. First, the props seem incorrect for the P-61. To my eye, they resemble the asymmetrical Curtiss Electrics used on the later P-47D's. Second, the upper turret parts are given but I don't see the cover....kind of an important piece if you're going to use the upper turret. No sprue shots of the engines either. Maybe the turret cover will show up with the engine sprues. I have a suspicion that while incorporating much more detail than its 1/48 cousin from Great Wall Hobby, it suffers some of the same flaws as well. I hope I'm wrong but the shape of the propellor blades makes me think otherwise. I'm hoping that since Great Wall corrected the issues with their 1/48 kit (which I do have), those corrections will follow to this kit as well even though the two companies are not related (as far as I know).

Edited by TimC

Just caught this info as well.....hopefully, the upper turret bits are there somewhere.

As far as props go, safe bet there'll be an AM company to correct this for us.....;)

Any release date show?....I didn't see it mentioned.

Needless to say, chomping at the bits for this one!

Happy modeling,

Jim

Holy Moses!

This one calls out for a solid metal landing gear!

Guess you don't have to buy "weighted" AM wheels if you go with the original vinyl ones :piliot:

Regards!

- dutik

Eli has already knocked out some great decals for it.....

Metal gear legs...corrected props.....resin wheels & you're set....;)

Not a fan of vinyl tires....just sayin'....

Now.....the kit....????

Happy modeling,

Jim

Guest Ta152H1

The first,fourth and eighth picture show

a square mile of flash,therefore I think they're not the production sprues!Must look impressive when built!

Cheers

Lou

Edited by Ta152H1

OK...how the heck did I miss this P-61 business? MBB I agree the Dutch guy is getting left far,far behind...I wish him success but man...a 1/32 P-61...I grew up (grew older) loving that old Monogram Black Widow in 1/48...now this...clear the bench time...

Just caught this info as well.....hopefully, the upper turret bits are there somewhere.

As far as props go, safe bet there'll be an AM company to correct this for us..... ;)

Any release date show?....I didn't see it mentioned.

Needless to say, chomping at the bits for this one!

Happy modeling,

Jim

Safe bet almost exactly like the H-K B-25 release with horrible 'woffel ball bat" props, Harold or Derek, or another good AM company will provide props..............and likely wheels and or anything else we need.

Where did the modeller in us go? A knife or file and some abrasive paper, and the props will be symmetrical CE props!

Stein

True.

However, I have found when doing that, and trying to get (in this case) 8 blades, to look identical, you end up with none of them being identical. Would they possibly be off enough for others to notice?

Maybe, maybe not. But I would notice. The modeler in us will come out, as almost any 32nd scale kit these days, because of their inherent size and complexity, does take some skill to turn into something great.

The first,fourth and eighth picture show

a square mile of flash,therefore I think they're not the production sprues!Must look impressive when built!

Cheers

Lou

Agreed. For all of Trumpys past grievous errors on some kits (others from their A team really have very minimal faults) I have yet to see flash of almost any kind, let alone that much.

Time to stock up on O.D. paint. This thing will be so cool.

Or foil.......

Cant find it atm, but Derek was gracious enough to send me a pic of one of teh only NMF Widows I have seen.........still black or OD with INV stripes would be pretty freakin awesome.

Brian