paul fisher

Sneak peek 1/32 Ryan PT-22 Recruit kit

Holy cow, what a crazy year...there's a pic of the kit parts on the front page of the website, I expect the decals to show up by the end of the month, and the photo etch any day now.

As you can see I've done both types of landing gear, the resin ones for the early faired in gear and the metal ones for the exposed gear.Tires and wheels are separate for easier painting, and you can even pose the sticks and rudder pedals properly if you want to show the ailerons and rudder deflected.Tail wheel can be posed , and there's two props, one with the cone spinner and one with a p/e mounting plate for the later ships that flew without the spinner.

You can also build the Navy version without the carb intake scoop.As soon as i can get one built up and the instructions done we'll be off to the races.

Best, and thanks,

Paul

Thank you, Sir ! Do you have plans to do the one with inline motor ? Can't wait to see this.....Harv

Guest Peterpools

Brian

I keep checking a few times each week and the latest update on the site:

"Available for pre-order now, we expect to ship kits in February."

I'll be pre-ordering next week.

Guest Peterpools

Just checked the web site and under the photo of the Skyray, is a photo of a nearly all the PT22 parts. Can't be far away now.

Another so tempting one ! :crying: (that is my wallet reacting, not me :) )

This said, whilst the Kinner engined version was far more succesfull, I would also love to see the in-line-engineering version ... nothing can beat this look !

Hubert.

Edited by MostlyRacers

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Can't wait ...looking forward to the Ryan

Edited by Peterpools

Not to worry...the ST and STM are in the works. You're going to be surprised at how different they air-frames are.

Paul

I know! Tried to convert the old 1/48 Hawk kit into a PT with Kinner. Wing sweep back conversion was succesful. But the fuselage in the kit was oval while it should be round to accept the Kinner engine. In the end I gave up!

Stein

Guest Peterpools

Paul

The news just keeps getting better and better. First the PT 22 and and a ST/STM with the in-line Kinner. WOW, it's Christmas all over a again.

Paul

The news just keeps getting better and better. First the PT 22 and and a ST/STM with the in-line Kinner. WOW, it's Christmas all over a again.

The Kinner is a radial engine, the in-line one is a Ranger. Or Menasco?

Stei

Guest Peterpools

Rats! Guess I was just hoping a bit too much. I've always loved the inline.

Hi Folks!

Good news, our decals and the p/e are on the way, we will be shipping Ryan kits by next Friday at the latest.

As for the Ryan ST with the inline engine and those lovely spats, I have been making the masters for the inline ST and STM while doing the PT-22 , so it will be out very shortly after.It is truly another airplane, similar, but that's about all.It will be a very pretty model indeed.

I've put pictures up on photobucket,but they've gone and changed it and I have no idea how to post them here, so anybody who can figure it out, feel free!

Thanks to all for your patience, Susy and I have really been on a wild ride this last year or so and it's nice to know we're working for people

who "get it". This is not an easy job even when life is just humming along, it's nearly impossible when the wheels are falling off every other day.

Best,

Paul