paul fisher

Sneak peek 1/32 Ryan PT-22 Recruit kit

More new stuff on the way!

The Ryan PT-22 with it's Kinner 5 cylinder radial makes for a very different sort of model than my usual stuff..but that's the fun part, I'm having a blast mastering this and the ST/STM as I have a bit of a thing for between the wars stuff as well as the post WW-II stuff.

The kit will be ready very shortly, as you can see, just some rivetting on the fuselage and finishing the art for the photo-etched flying and landing wires. Main LG legs will be metal.This will be up for pre-order on the website shortly, and I welcome suggestions for more similar stuff.

Almostthere002.jpg

Almostthere024.jpg

Paul

LOVELY! ..and made just down the road a bit. I can get some snaps of the one here in Sandy Eggo. How much, just a ball park price.

Very nice!

If your looking for suggestions for a future kit, how about a 1/32 Curtiss P-6 E Hawk?

I would love to see the PT-22 with the full cowl inline engine. Any hope on this ???.......Harv

Edited by Guest

Paul. Did I understand from your post that you are producing an ST/STM? If so will that be a conversion package for the PT22 or a separate complete kit?

Good Morning gents!

Glad to see there are people out there who like "something completely different"!

The PT-22 kit will sell for $149.95, and yes I am working up the Ryan ST/STM to come a bit later on, perhaps by Christmas if we do OK with this kit.

Alburymodeler is right, there were 25 PT-22 built under a contract for the Dutch, but these were diverted to the USAAF, I have only one photo of a single example in Dutch markings.There were some of the inline ST/STM flown in Dutch markings that mostly ended up in Australia

The ST/STM is actually almost 100% a different aircraft than the PT series smaller cckpits...slimmer fuselage, Menasco inline engine , no wing sweep and a host of other things make it a complete build, rather than a conversion as has been tried in the past.The currently available 1/48 stuff is fantasy.When the Military decided to adapt the Ryan to the harsh life of a primary trainer they sort of got carried away and the PT-21/22 were the result, a swan turned into a duck, but it makes for a very compelling model subject.

More pics soon as i get the p/e back and rig it up.

Paul

Outstanding build on the STA...nice to see a single seat one too..there are quite a few very pretty civvy schemes for the STA , you smacked it right out of the park on that one my friend!

Paul

What a beautiful kit. I can only imagine that the cockpit will match the detail you have, plus you made flat rigging wires. Wonderful.

As for the next one, please consider the P-6E. There are way too many interesting options and that doesn't even include the earlier air race cousins. I could never just buy one, even at resin prices. (What can I sell in my stash to afford those?)

Tnarg