1/32 3D Printed V-1 Flying bomb. Major update.

ericg

I am having alot of model fun scratch building the smaller details that go towards making this bomb a realistic replica.

I decided that the conduit as per the pictures in a previous post wasn't quite lined up properly, and was a bit too clunky looking, so off it came and I made up a replacement. this time pinning it with brass rod, which when sanded down become the screws that hold the conduit to the fuselage.

IMAG1291.jpg

Here is a great way to get perfect panel lines around a tapering object. As long as the object has a flat bottom, you can line up a pin with whatever you have on the bench to give it the correct height and spin the object around so that the pin scribes the line. The objective here is to do many light passes rather than try and (usually unsuccesfully) do it all at once.

IMAG1288.jpg

This is the fuel filler cap with some simulated weld beads, applied with mr surfacer and worked with a toothpick.

IMAG1292.jpg

Here are the two fuse plugs, I am yet to make the fuses. Found a really good picture of a fuse on ebay.

IMAG1293.jpg

This is the bracket that the launcher sat in. I made this from 5 pieces of plastic card.

IMAG1296.jpg

Here is the air filler point on the underside of the rear fuselage

IMAG1294.jpg

Getting there!

IMAG1297.jpg

IMAG1298.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Terrific progress; just love the details and corrections to keep them up to your high standards . Thanks for the tips on scribing - sure will come on handy

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

Very nice work mate! It's already looking like a derelict version of the real thing.

Here is a great way to get perfect panel lines around a tapering object. As long as the object has a flat bottom, you can line up a pin with whatever you have on the bench to give it the correct height and spin the object around so that the pin scribes the line. The objective here is to do many light passes rather than try and (usually unsuccesfully) do it all at once.

IMAG1288.jpg

I use a very similar technique, except that I use a lump of non-drying modelling clay to rest the scriber on. This way, it's very easy to get it to the correct height: just keep pushing it down until it is! If you go too far, remove the scriber, knead out the clay and start again.

Kev

Very impressive work. I just had the cool experience of seeing one of these in person at Cosford.

J

Yeah Jerry,

There were some pretty cool pieces of late war German technology crammed into that corner of Cosford. V-1, V-2, Enzian, Ruhrstal X-4, Fritz X, Hagelhorn (with concrete wings no less!), Henschel 293 (?) glide bomb and a couple of ground to air missiles (Rhinebot and Rhinetochter I think) Amazing stuff.

Matt