1/32 3D Printed V-1 Flying bomb. Major update.

ericg

Am following this thread with great interest... anything new to share on your V-1 project? You've really captured the lines of the V-1, and I look forward to seeing the detail you're adding and the castings for your kit version.

I've seen some model work done with a similar device on another forum: intriguing technology, to be sure.

John

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn nice work Eric! Congrats on learning the CAD programming! Man, I woudl love to get into this! I suspect that the future will be that modellers will just pay for a download and then print the models at home in whatever scale they want!!

Just imagine the possibilities!

Cheers

Alan

Looks like its ready to take flight right then and there to buzz overhead and create mayhem and discruction over some unlucky Brit city............

:unsure:

I wonder where it's pointed toward and where it'd land if launched. Apparently, the guns of HMS Belfast which is moored on the River Thames would, if fired, hit a well known Service Area / Rest Stop on the M1 motorway.

Some might say it wouldn't be a loss ! :whistle:

Grant

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

After a bit of consideration, I have decided to resume work on this 3D printed model of mine. I have had quite a few enquiries about it recently, and I felt that a model that I have `scratchbuilt' myself is going to further my alternate career of `model builder' than any pre-boxed model ever will. This means that I am putting the L-39 on hold for a while till I get a little further on this.

When I last worked on this I was at the stage where I was ready to start detailing each individual component that had been 3D printed. I thought that I would try and start fresh. I primed each part again to ensure that all traces of 3D printing had been removed, and also to give me a blank canvas upon which to mark where I needed to put details.

IMAG1272.jpg

IMAG1279.jpg

Some of the detailing started:

IMAG1277.jpg

IMAG1276.jpg

Edited by ericg

I needed to add weld seams to most of the model, so I am using an old method of mine that I reckon works really well.

I have started with the engine. mask off where you want the seam using Tamiya tape:

IMAG1280.jpg

Paint it with Mr surfacer, repeat to build up the bead, but dont let it dry:

IMAG1281.jpg

Peel off the masking tape and you are left with very scale looking weld seams:

IMAG1282.jpg

apply as necessary!

IMAG1284.jpg