HE 111 exterior bomb racks?

Gentlemen I recently picked up the Promodeler HE 111 (GREAT kit like everybody said!) while i was going over the instructions i noticed on the camoflage diagrams that there appears to be two bomb racks covering up the bomb bay doors? My question is were the doors removed and the whole bomd bay sheeted over? And were the racks the same ones that were used on the JU88? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Best regards and happy modeling Scot

If memory serves me i believe the exturnal bomb rack where placed between the bay doors (covering the outboard door) and engine dont think the doors where ever removed they where just rendered inop while exturnal loads carried.

Racks carring large 1000kg ordance where called ETC 2000 think the JU88 carried simular just not for as heavy a load think it was an ETC 1000 on the JU88

Edited by ScotVA36

That what i thouhgt also, just didnt want to "assume" anything! :D Hopefully i can find some more info on th web or some more folks like yourself will chime in here at LSP Best regards Scot

Scot

Good news and bad news. The exterior PVC 1006 (torpedos) or ETC 2000 (bombs) racks were mounted over the bomb doors and the interior pair of 4ESAC bomb carriers remained in place. Bad news, from my refs the exterior bomb racks weren't fitted to any of the P versions and in fact only introduced with the H-4 version (introduced in Sept 1940).

I can email you a couple of drawings of the racks if you wish. I don't think they are the same (certainly the fairings covering them are totally different) as the racks fitted to the Ju 88...

Matt

Matt Many thanks for the information! it struck me as a little odd that the racks were drawn on the camo sheets but there was no mention of them anywhere else anyway the drawings would be a nice addition to the reference stash if i ever want to attempt a conversion! Best regards Scot

• 7 years later...
On 5/5/2012 at 3:22 PM, mattlow said:

Scot

Good news and bad news. The exterior PVC 1006 (torpedos) or ETC 2000 (bombs) racks were mounted over the bomb doors and the interior pair of 4ESAC bomb carriers remained in place. Bad news, from my refs the exterior bomb racks weren't fitted to any of the P versions and in fact only introduced with the H-4 version (introduced in Sept 1940).

I can email you a couple of drawings of the racks if you wish. I don't think they are the same (certainly the fairings covering them are totally different) as the racks fitted to the Ju 88...

Matt

I haven't seen Matt in a while - is he still around?

looking for plans / pictures of the different sorts of bomb racks carried by the He111

also trying to work out to what extent the MDC racks for the Ju88 can be used for the He111 / how close they might be

cheers

N

53 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

I haven't seen Matt in a while - is he still around?

It normally shows the last time a user has logged on, on their profile. This normally goes back at least 5 years, as Ive seen users with a "last visited" date all the way back to 2014 or earlier. There is no last visited date on Matt's profile, so its possible its been longer than 5 years since his last login.