1:20 Scale completely scratch built Royal Aircraft Factory SE5a

fozzy

Once again guys....thank you so much for all your fantastic comments on this build...I have to say that it does seem strange that I am not thinking about the next stage of the build!!..after 10 months of thinking about SE5a's I am going to have to false myself about thinking of another Aircraft :rolleyes: ...cheers lads!

Martin, you're a genuine mastercraftersuper builder, very impressive, congratulations. :goodjob:

Jack.

Nice thing to say...thanks a lot Jack :)

The SE Looks better than real. It looks authentic!

Cheers mate!

PHENOMENAL...I have loved every moment of this INCREDIBLE build.... :wub:

OUTSTANDING workmanship and BEAUTIFULLY finished..

KUDOS. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have loved every sinew of your build and have enjoyed our wonderful work very much and I hope you will do something similar again..when your frayed nerves have quietened down... :DodgeBall:

THANK you for a joyous thread...

Glad you enjoyed it !I need a bit of a break now but I'll be back with another Scratch build soon!! ;)

really beautiful build, love it! :wub:

Cheers Rich :)

I suspect that the photo of a young-looking Martin by the chopper was taken immediately prior to starting this build...

Stupendous work Martin.

Kev

Ha ha :D ...feels like it Kev!...cheers mate!

Martin

So glad to see it finally finished. Your photos look like a walk around of the real thing. Like Phil said, the sheen and the way the covering hangs on the structure look totally realistic. Brilliant!

How about a scratch built Westland Scout...?

Matt

Martin

So glad to see it finally finished. Your photos look like a walk around of the real thing. Like Phil said, the sheen and the way the covering hangs on the structure look totally realistic. Brilliant!

How about a scratch built Westland Scout...?

Matt

Thanks Matt

About a year ago I was thinking of doing a Scout...and started to look at how I would do it!...Spent a few years as a Navigator in a Scout ....hence pic of me in the Avitar....and of course I am really fond of them!..I will do one one day but I think I will have to perfect certain building technics first! Thanks for the idea ;)

Edited by fozzy

Awesome to see the model and you ! Nice to have a face to put to the mad building abilities ! Aweesome work, very well done. Now we'll be going through withdrawl not having our 'Fozzy' fix every once in a while... :frantic: .

WWII metal skin....so, going to tinplate a Spit ?

:rolleyes:

Vaughn

Most outstanding Fozzy,

Have watched every post from the start and loved every picture, a picture to me says a thousand words, loved the detail just brilliant, thank you for taking your time showing how you scratch built all your parts, because this is now the way I like to build.

Best regards

Richard

NOICE!!!!

Meh, you guys took all the good adjectives. :( Nothin left for me to describe this outstanding build.

Guess I can only follow Andy on this awesome build then Fozzy...........

Bit nice that!

Cheers,

Brian