Sepecat Jaguar GR3.A FORWARD FUSELAGE MASTERS COMPLETE...MOSTLY&#33

Timmy!

It's been a while since I started a proper build thread. So much of my time has been spent on projects for others - I haven't had time to build something for myself. So after finally clearing off everyone else's "to do" lists, I have actually started cutting some plastic. This has been a long time in the making. Some of you may remember the original computer work I posted some time ago. Old Jag Thread. I have since completely redrawn the computer model and finished the exterior details. After some close scrutiny the plans I used to start the model just were not up to snuff and a redo was in order.

Here are the shots: Keen eyes will find some missing fillets and blends in the surfaces (gun shrouds and engine to fuse join - come to mind). These fillets are really difficult to create on the computer model, but much easier on the physical one - so I opted not to duplicate them.

jaglookie12.png

jaglookie11.png

jaglookie10.png

jaglookie5.png

jaglookie4.png

The primary purpose of the 3d model is make sure the parts fit together - for example the flaps - I may even make them posable on the real model.

jaglookie8.png

jaglookie7.png

These are the forms that will make up the internal structure.

jaglookie14.png

jaglookie13.png

Edited by Timmy!

Timmy!

Great to see you back at it and cutting plastic my friend- Thanks for starting a build thread as well...I can't wait to watch this come together..this will be fun to watch..Looking forward to this build. It has been a long time coming, and I'm glad you are finally able to make time for your own build...good for us too, as we get to watch a master at work-

Cheers

Pete