Great news from AZUR-FRROM

morane

Hi all

In the last Air Magazine (n°55) José Fernadez himself (AZUR and AZUR-FRROM Guy) had good news for us: After a Vichers Vincent (1/72) the next one would be a 1/32 ...... IAR81C !!!

Very Cool .....

I hope for Radu's sake he has some input to this kit: I do recall a mention that his kit may not be resin. Maybe this is his work. I guess it shows that as soon as anyone starts a new project, that has to be the only concern until it is finished. A half finished IAR 80/81, Tempest, Beaufighter interior, Whirlwind or P-51 in my case, or any number of other unfinished kits are just a waste of time. One needs to know when to hold 'em, when to fold'em. And when to run full speed ahead.

I found out one year ago that they were contemplating a kit. That was one of the reasons why I stopped the work on my kit. I offered my help, I even offered the parts I made as well as the very large amount of data that I have and was left out of the book but so far my offer was not taken. I repeated my offer of help to Mr Fernandez in Telford in November. My offer still stands, if that matters any longer.

I hope they will do the kit justice.

Radu

That is a shame Radu.

I suppose that this leaves you (if you decide not to proceed with a full kit) the option of producing detail sets and parts to convert their kit to other variants. If their kit turns out to be poor, there may even be a niche for your kit still...?

Matt

Edited by mattlow

Keep your work ! When the kit comes out we might need yours still, depending on if they screw their kit up badly. At the very least as mentioned, correction and variant kits will very probably be needed. If you had those mastered so that they are available as soon as the kit comes out it would make a lot of people happy.

Cheers

Vaughn

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you stopped working on your kit Radu. Wouldn't you consider building one for yourself (and for our benefit as well), pending the release of the Azur item? (the fact that your offers were not taken up is not really encouraging)

Best, Jean

I think you should press forward with your kit Radu. It could be years before Azur finally getting around to releasing it - these days lots of Smaller companies seem to make announcements and the kits never seem to materialize. I highly doubt that Azur, even if they were to release it, could produce a kit anywhere near as accurate as you could.

Doug

I do not know anything about the Azur kit. I must make it clear that I do not think or even wish to imply that they are going the wrong way about it. I offered my help, they declined, so I move on... No hard feelings. They are experienced in this field and I am still confident that as long as they use all the information available at this time, it should be fine.

The work on my kit is still progressing - even if I do not release it, I still want to finish it for my own pleasure.

Radu

The book may actually have made the kit happen.

At least we might look to Radu for conversion kits in resin or decals that didn't come out with the Azur release. Please keep thinking in that direction. You can't have too much Mickey on a plane, especially if it is an IAR 80/81.

Tnarg

Azur seriously considered the release of the IAR kit for at least two years as far as I know. This was even published in a French magazine a long time ago.

This is not surprising. I discussed the release of an Arsenal or Koolhoven in their French fighter series but they know that that are near the end of the "commercially" acceptable French WW2 topics. There are yet other topics but they ask for heavier tooling investment (think for instance Breguet 693). So they will surely go on focusing on not so well known planes of the ETO. I would not be suprised to see other similar topics such as the Fokker D21 or a Rogozarski ik-3...!

So they will surely go on focusing on not so well known planes of the ETO. I would not be suprised to see other similar topics such as the Fokker D21 or a Rogozarski ik-3...!

Would love someone to produce a PZL P.11c!!!

Richard

PS; I forgot to say please...

Azur seriously considered the release of the IAR kit for at least two years as far as I know. This was even published in a French magazine a long time ago.

I discussed the IAR for the first time with Mr Alfred Riedel of MPM (parent company of Azur FRROM) and Mr Fernandez of Editions TMA in Telford in November 2009. I had with me the IAR 80 parts and I showed them. (In fact, I forgot the tailpane behind and Mr Riedel posted it back to me later.) These parts were also shown to other members of this forum :-) http://www.skywriters.net/shows/ipms09/ipms09clubs.htm

Radu