New project -26June44 near Cheux

JRutman

The presence of the photographer is priceless! :party0023:

I thought that would be nice to include the guy. You could say this was one of the first reality shows. Right after I posted this photog on the net last year one of the plastic companies came out with a figure set of war correspondents! Go figure

WOW dude, that is spectacular looking. Period.

Thanks Brian,means a lot.

And thanks for everyone else that posted comments during this almost endless build. I always appreciate when some one takes time from their busy day to jot something down on the interwebs.

J

• 2 weeks later...

Jerry, did you win anything with the dio?

I did enter it even though all the way to the show I told myself I wouldn't. I haven't entered a IPMS type show in about 10 years or so? I don't know how it happened but I entered anyway. Right after the judging but before the results were released I told the judges to withdraw my stuff from the compitition and if I had won anything to give it to the next guy on the list.

I was just happy that people seemed to enjoy looking at and photographing my stuff and didn't need a reward other than that.

Oh well,best laid plans and all.....

J

Well, thias was most definitely well worth the wait - The only word that I can find to describe my feelings about this diorama (and even that is not adequate) is...STUNNING!

Take a bow my man, you fully deserve it.

Derek

Well, thias was most definitely well worth the wait - The only word that I can find to describe my feelings about this diorama (and even that is not adequate) is...STUNNING!

Take a bow my man, you fully deserve it.

Derek

Wow,thanks Derek,

J

Ah, Jerry. Beautiful work Sir. I've thoroughly enjoyed this all the way and, as I've said before, I get the emotions from the POW's in their expressions .. .. dismay, dejection and humiliation ....... which is incredibly hard to achieve in an inanimate figure and I rarely exprerience that - don't get me wrong, I've seen some wonderful, skillfully produced dio's but not all radiate any emotions.

I love it, and the inclusion of the photographer whose picture sparked this off is pure genius.

Congratulations! You must, and should, be very proud of it.

Grant.

Ah, Jerry. Beautiful work Sir. I've thoroughly enjoyed this all the way and, as I've said before, I get the emotions from the POW's in their expressions .. .. dismay, dejection and humiliation ....... which is incredibly hard to achieve in an inanimate figure and I rarely exprerience that - don't get me wrong, I've seen some wonderful, skillfully produced dio's but not all radiate any emotions.

I love it, and the inclusion of the photographer whose picture sparked this off is pure genius.

Congratulations! You must, and should, be very proud of it.

Grant.

Haven't heard from you in a while buddy. Hope all is well? I always look forward to your input as I think it comes from a very humane and artistic perspective. I am therefor deeply appreciative of your comments,

J

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard from you in a while buddy. Hope all is well? I always look forward to your input as I think it comes from a very humane and artistic perspective. I am therefor deeply appreciative of your comments,

J

Hi Jerry, I've had my head below the parapet trying to develop Arrow Wolf as much as I can at the moment. I've also got a traders' thread "elsewhere" which is also taking a large chunk of time. But "Fear not, Sire!! I shall return with more attentiveness and zeal from now on".

I don't know if you've seen this chaps work but have a look at: http://www.grailmodels.moonfruit.com/#/a-fallen-empire/4569789563 (Uschi has two picsof it here: http://www.uschivdr.com/whats-new/) - I've seen other pictures and I should have made a note of where but I didn't I'm afraid. Wonderful stuff.

Hi Jerry, I've had my head below the parapet trying to develop Arrow Wolf as much as I can at the moment. I've also got a traders' thread "elsewhere" which is also taking a large chunk of time. But "Fear not, Sire!! I shall return with more attentiveness and zeal from now on".

I don't know if you've seen this chaps work but have a look at: http://www.grailmodels.moonfruit.com/#/a-fallen-empire/4569789563 (Uschi has two picsof it here: http://www.uschivdr.com/whats-new/) - I've seen other pictures and I should have made a note of where but I didn't I'm afraid. Wonderful stuff.

Thanks again for checking in and for the kind words. That was a cool link. The guy does nice stuff. I have only ever done one shadowbox but I love them as it is so much easier to control the scene. With a dio the eye keeps wanting to go to the infiniti that surrounds the piece,not so with the shadowbox. You can also control the light very well.

Good luck with getting the biz up and going and I wish you a huge and lasting success.

J

• 2 weeks later...