ZM Skyraider

Scotsman

Well its done... ZM Skyraider, one fo the most expensive projects ever , finished in the GSB markings from ZM themselves, there's something about GSB tat just appeals to me , paint is Xtracolour, finished in a 60/30 mix of Future and matt , giving what I hope is a decent finish , anyway off we go

DSCF0685.jpg

As i mentioned elsewhere , I fixed the wings in the extended position , the figure is meant for the Fisher Panther , but it gives a nice sense of scale to the beast!

DSCF0683.jpg

The red of the airbrakes makes a nice contrast with the GSB

DSCF0679.jpg

I sprung for the weapons set - since I wanted her to look like a real bomb truck..

DSCF0684.jpg

Well there she goes.. , a pretty straightfordward build, as has been said , the internal detail is a pain, but it does serve to hold together what would, I think be a fairly flimsy model otherwise

Edited by Scotsman

Great work!

I too thought about dressing my big guy up in Korean blue, since my dad was in both WWII and Korea, but since he only worked on F4Us I decided to do mine in my Alma mater Navy colors.

This really turned out GREAT! I do really love the looks of the finished ZM product and hope mine turns out just a good.

Congrats, shes a BEAUT!

Cheers,

Brian

Hi there guys, thanks for the comments ..

Cowlings, Hmm.. well it could have been my fault , but they too some time to settle into position , lots of sanding , and shimming to get the seamless look, having said that , some time spent looking at pics of real ADs suggest that in reality they wern't a perfect fit!!!

My oly reget on this build is that I really didn't spend enought time cleaning up the wing fold areas , but hey that's what the USAF A-1J is for

Edited by Scotsman

Cool! So does this mean you can do the ZM kit OOB (more or less) as a Korean War AD?

What changes did you have to make?

Where did you get the decals?

Outstanding work!

Tim W.