In Flight Crew Figures

pennausamike

The new He-111, the Ju-88, B-25, and scariest of all, the ten crewman B-17;

I'm rather at a loss as to how to crew these ships "in-flight".

I can raid old Revell kits for pilots for single-seat fighters easily enough,

but I don't know of any source for bomber crews positioned to work in the aircraft.

The only B-17 crew figures I ever came across were the old Verlinden waist gunners (one wounded)

and that mini diorama goes for $28-plus.

Suggestions?

Or any news that someone is considering a set of resin figures that don't cost more than the plane I want to put them in?

Mike

Never fear. I suspect that the aftermarket companies are looking at the forthcoming crop of 1/32 bombers as a bonanza of marketing opportunities. As for the crew members, given the cost of good-quality resin figures, a full crew of ten for a B-17 would represent a significant outlay of cash, almost as much as the kit itself.

Jerry Peterson

I think I'd look at 1/35 armor crews.

The new He-111, the Ju-88, B-25, and scariest of all, the ten crewman B-17;

I'm rather at a loss as to how to crew these ships "in-flight".

I can raid old Revell kits for pilots for single-seat fighters easily enough,

but I don't know of any source for bomber crews positioned to work in the aircraft.

The only B-17 crew figures I ever came across were the old Verlinden waist gunners (one wounded)

and that mini diorama goes for $28-plus.

Suggestions?

Or any news that someone is considering a set of resin figures that don't cost more than the plane I want to put them in?

Mike

Edited by famvburg

"I think I'd like at 1/35 armor crews."

I am thinking along these lines also. Good for tropics or winter. Some hacking,heating and bending of limbs. Resin heads,headphones,scarves,etc.PE sunglasses are out there too. ;)

Legend has a set of 1/35 Memphis Belle figures, but they are on or around a jeep (LF0070). Cool for a non-flying diorama, but not in flight. They match the jeep kits, anyway. This brings up the same old 1/32 versus 1/35 debate.

Tnarg

Legend has a set of 1/35 Memphis Belle figures, but they are on or around a jeep (LF0070).

Cool for a non-flying diorama, but not in flight. They match the jeep kits, anyway. This brings up the same old 1/32 versus 1/35 debate.

Tnarg

I remember a Memphis Belle crew set.

IIRC, they cost around $150 to $200, were metal and were 1/32nd scale.

I haven't seen them for sale anywhere in awhile.

The Legend set at $60 isn't too bad, except the crew figures don't have all the bulky flight gear.

THAT is what I don't really know how to duplicate.

Far as converting armor crew figures, wellllll... I'm not sure how successful I'd be at that.

My sculpting skills are pretty minimal.

Hopefully, someone will release figures for inside the current crop of German and US bombers.

Mike

Legend has a set of 1/35 Memphis Belle figures, but they are on or around a jeep (LF0070). Cool for a non-flying diorama, but not in flight. They match the jeep kits, anyway. This brings up the same old 1/32 versus 1/35 debate.

Tnarg

I don't see a 1/32, 1/35, when it comes to people. 1/1 scale people come in many sizes.